"De Canadien" Sint-Juliaan by filipdebont
Sint-Juliaan Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 15 photos
Up to me this Canadien is one of the most beautiful monuments of the front area around Ieper.
It is a Canadian War Memorial which remembers the thousands of Canadian soldiers who fought in this region during the first German gas attacks.
Maybe you are wondering why I use this strange title, well in fact this is how this monument is named by the local people, as it shows a mourning Canadian soldier (someone who comes from Canada is called a Canadien).
filipdebont's Related Pages
Sint-Juliaan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sint Juliaan, the first experiments with gas"
- "De Canadien"
- "SINT-JULIAAN AND THE BROODING SOLDIER"
- "The Canadian Monument at St. Juliaan"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sint-Juliaan
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Sint-Juliaan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sint-Juliaan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues