London Off The Beaten Path Tips by filipdebont
London Off The Beaten Path: 1,493 reviews and 2,228 photos
Which boat is yours?
Of course that many of these luxury apartments are owned by rich yacht owners, who have their boats in one of the two docks.
In between these luxury yachts there are also some historical boats, some of these boats can be rented (crew inclusive).
Close up at the Grand Turk, detail on the cannons.
In St Katherine's dock you can see the Grand Turk; this is a replica 18th century Man of War and was built in Turkey in 1997.
It is possible to visit this boat.
At Katherine's Dock, you find a former beer brewery; nowadays it is a pub / restaurant, named the Dickins Inn. It is a magnificent wooden building. On the second floor there is a pizzeria.
St Katherine's Dock
St Katherine's Dock was built in 1824 - 1828 by Thomas Telford, and it was the closest dock near the inner city.
But now all the old warehouses are renovated into luxury apartments.
After I visited the Tower and Tower Bridge, I had some time left, before to go to Stansted Airport. So I decided to for a little walk along the River Thames. And so I discovered this beautiful neighbourhood: the St Katherine's Dock.
First I did see this beautiful fountain with the lady who is playing with a dolphin, with the Tower Bridge in the background.
Squirrel in Hyde Park
On an early sunday morning, I did spot this squirrel. Happilly I did bring my big tele-lens to make this picture, as you never know how such a dangerous animal reacts.(lol)
PS : there was more then one squirrel in Hydepark.
As It was raining very hard that morning, this proves the proverb : One squirrel doesn't make Spring . . . .
I did also see some squirrels in St James Park.
More Reviews (192)
- See All Beautiful escutcheon
- See All Eating in an old Storehouse
- See All Sundial
- See All Oxford Street in the rain
- Jogging in Hyde Park
filipdebont's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "London, Misty Albion"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nargol Hotels
- Nagykanizsa Hotels
- Ronks Hotels
- Lazarat Hotels
- Kejimkujik National Park
- Boca del Drago
Badges & Stats in London
- 199 Reviews
- 220 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 57 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (220)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (63)
Latest London hotel reviews
- New Pembury Central Park
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2012
- Adria Hotel
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre
- 370 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- The New Inn
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- St. Athans Hotel
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- The Albany Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2010
- Manor Court Hotel
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 24, 2009
- Hyde Park Suites Serviced Apartments
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Crystal Palace Caravan Club Site
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Lodge 51
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Boulevard Hotel
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2009
- New Dawn
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 27, 2013
- Tower of London- 456 Reviews, 739 Photos
- British Museum- 295 Reviews, 523 Photos
- London Eye- 255 Reviews, 436 Photos
- Buckingham Palace.- 393 Reviews, 647 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 369 Reviews, 611 Photos
- Tower Bridge- 289 Reviews, 456 Photos
- Trafalgar Square- 270 Reviews, 466 Photos
- Piccadilly Circus- 177 Reviews, 255 Photos
- Hyde Park- 164 Reviews, 292 Photos
- Camden Town, Lock and Market.- 100 Reviews, 180 Photos
See All London Things to Do