"A Weekend in London" London by filipdebont

London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,597 photos

Well I must admit, it is a bit strange, but this was the first time I visited London. This magnificent world city, so near by (only one hour away).

But sometime ago, I noticed an ad of Ryan Air, in this ad they announced the celebration of being market leader between Brussels and London, and to celebrate this they gave away 50.000 free flights.

Oh, what a great opportunity, so I immediately decided to cross the Channel; I booked a flight via the Internet. I had to pay 0.99 Euro per flight + airport taxes, so for about 37 Euro I had a return flight to London.

I went to London for a weekend. So I left with an early flight (dept. 6.40) from Charleroi (Brussels South airport) to London Stansted, the return flight was Sunday evening 20.10.

• Pros:So much to see and to do
  • Cons:expensive city to visit
  • In a nutshell:a great city to discover
  • Last visit to London: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 11, 2007

• Sep 27, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Great transport tips - I'll come back to read some more

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 12:52 PM

Good to read your london pages, as a Londoner by birth its good to get a different perspective, some good tips as well

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 6:09 AM

Amazing London here !!! ... and only a weekend ??? Will be very helpful for my short trip here soon :-)

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 6:16 AM

you sure had a busy weekend!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 3:28 PM

Excellent tips on a great city Well done!

• stiab3's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 1:15 PM

This is a very comprehensive London page. I've learned a few things from it even though I live in England I've been to London a few times.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 5:40 AM

Hi Filip, thanks for your nice comment on my Wroclaw page. Your pics are great!!! I hope to see soon a page about Wroclaw by you :)

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 3:18 PM

U r so right re the London sundials.. LOVELY commentary thank you! :)

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 3:11 PM

Great presentation! I've been there several times and found London to be an expensive place to visit. My teenage cousin just spent 8 days there on a school trip and it cost her US $3000. But it sure is fun!!!

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2004 at 9:55 PM

Excellent pages, will return to further investigate. I need 48 hrs. just to see all of this! I love your sense of humor (humour)!!! Great tips, and great to see so many "little things" that mean a lot. :-) ~Elaine~

filipdebont

“Preparing my next trip : South-East of the States”

Badges & Stats in London