Pisa Transportation Tips by filipdebont Top 5 Page for this destination
Pisa Transportation: 117 reviews and 107 photos
Flying Ryan Air
And then at 20.55 I had my flight back home.
The flight time from Pisa to Brussels South - Charleroi is 1.50 h. So normally we would arrive in Charleroi around 22.45.
But we had an half an hour delay, as there was a problem with the number of passengers. No, no overbooking or so.
On the passenger list there were 179 passengers, and on board there were 180 passengers. First we were recounted several times, and then they checked if everyone was on the right plane.
Finally they started with checking each name on the passenger list. And what was the problem, on board there were a father and son with the same name (like senior and junior), so twice the same name and the computer had counted this only as one person. So it was the computer which had made a mistake. A half an hour later we could leave for Charleroi, where we arrived safely after a quiet flight.
Price for the ticket : 64 euro (taxes included)
At the end of the day I returned towards the railway station of Pisa, Pisa Centrale, in order to towards the Pisa Airport.
I decided to go buy train. I bought a ticket at the ticket machine (price : 1.10 euro). It was cheap, as it was only 5 minutes to the airport. (Distance : 3 km)
The station at the airport is just besides the entrance of the airport building (50 m walk)
Square in front of Pisa Centrale
With my luggage in the left luggage department I was totally ready to visit Pisa.
At the square just in front of Pisa Centrale (station of Pisa), there is the bus station. From here you can take a bus towards the Piazza dei Miracoli, the touristy spot in Pisa.
But I decided to do it on foot. Anyway I had a whole to spend in Pisa, and also it is the best way to see and feel a city. (And it was not so far at all)
The closed lockers
On the far right side of the first platform (right side with your face towards the station building) you find the left luggage department.
First you see a row of luggage lockers, but these are sealed, you can not use them.
Why ? Maybe for security reasons after September 11th.
But behind the corner, you can leave your luggage. The price was 3 euro per piece and this for 12 hours. You also needed to give your passport for identification; they make a copy of it and hang the copy on the stored luggage.
So, now I was totally ready to discover Pisa.
So my trip started at the Stazione Centrale di Santa Maria Novella in Firenze, One hour later we arrived in the station Pisa Centrale, which is the main station of Pisa.
I really wanted to start visiting Pisa, but first I wanted to get rid of my luggage. Och yes, I was accompanied with my entire luggage, as this was the last day of my Italy trip, and I had an evening flight back home from Pisa airport.
Soon I had found the left luggage department.
To Pisa by train
At the site of the Italian railway company (www.trenitalia.it), it is very easy to plan your trip. You even can buy a ticket via internet.
But for this trip I did not buy my ticket via the internet, I just bought it in the station of Firenze.
Price for the ticket Firenze - Pisa : 5 euro
Time from Firenze to Pisa : 1 hour
Distance from Firenze - Pisa (by train) : 86 km
I really found a pleasant way to travel, it is very relaxing. And it was great to see the beautiful scenery of Tuscany pass by.
Once you have bought your ticket at the ticket machines, you can proceed towards the platforms.
Check the big displays which show you the arrivals and departures of the trains, in order to know what platform your train will be leaving.
Once you are at the right platform, do not forget to stamp your ticket. You find these orange validation machines near every platform.
If the train is already there, you can board.
My trip to Pisa started in Firenze. As soon as I arrived in the big railway station of Firenze (Stazione di Santa Maria Novella), I needed to buy a ticket for my train trip to Pisa.
In Firenze that was very easy, near the platforms there were several ticket machines.
These ticket machines work with a touch screen and you can choose from six different languages.
You can pay with your credit card or cash.
The price for the train ticket to Pisa was 5 euro.
More Reviews (68)
- See All Beautiful buildings
- See All My own funny picture
- See All Some facts on the tower
- Climbing the tower
filipdebont's Related Pages
Pisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More then just the leaning tower"
- "PISA is a lot more than just the leaning tower"
- "Citta con torre ubbriacato"
- "Pisa, gateway to Tuscany"
- "Beautiful Pisa"
- "So much more than a tower!"
- "A pleasant surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisa
- Hotels in Pisa
- Transportation in Pisa
- Nightlife in Pisa
- Restaurants in Pisa
- Shopping in Pisa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pisa
- 76 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Pisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisa
- Posted in Travel Chattanooga Forum "Re: Combining tourist attractions..."
- Commented on one of sue_stone's Pisa travel pages
- updated a Pisa Travel Page "More then just the leaning tower"
- Wrote a Review Beautiful buildings about Cavalieri square in Pisa Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful buildings"
Photos in PisaSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (63)
Latest Pisa hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Pisa Migliarino
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2012
- Jolly Hotel Cavalieri
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel Terminus And Plaza
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Bologna Hotel Pisa
- 891 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Grand Hotel Bonanno
- 305 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Village Torre Pendente
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2012
- Grand Hotel Duomo
- 267 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Park Hotel California
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 25, 2012
- Airone Pisa Park Hotel
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- My Hotels Galilei
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Royal Victoria Hotel
- 399 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Walking Street Hostel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Di Stefano Hotel Pisa
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- The Tower- 165 Reviews, 298 Photos
- The Duomo/Cathedral- 123 Reviews, 220 Photos
- The Baptistery- 80 Reviews, 134 Photos
- Campo dei Miracoli- 69 Reviews, 111 Photos
- The Cemetery- 38 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Cavalieri square- 31 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Santa Maria della Spina church- 17 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Museums- 21 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Arno river- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Not just Campo dei Miracoli- 22 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Pisa Things to Do