"More then just the leaning tower" Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa by filipdebont
Pisa Travel Guide: 1,419 reviews and 3,977 photos
In September 2004 (04-09 till 12/09), I had planned a short Italy trip. This trip started in Rome, then with the train to Firenze, with a journey to Siena, and the trip ended in Pisa.
I had an evening flight from Pisa towards Brussels South - Charleroi, like this I still had the whole day to visit Pisa.
Coming from Firenze, it was only one hour by train. I dropped my luggage at the left luggage department in the railway station Pisa Centrale.
My guidebook advised me to take a bus to the Piazza dei Miracoli where the mayor tourist highlights are. But I decided to walk, I had plenty of time, and what is a better way to see a city then by foot?
Already after 5 minutes I reached the Arno River. There were some great views from the bridge. I also visited two churches which were located along the Arno River, the small but beautifully decorated marble Santa Maria della Spina and the San Paolo a Ripa d'Arno.
From the Arno River it was just a short walk towards the Piazza dei Miracoli. During the first part of my Pisa visit I did almost see no tourist, but that changed when I reached the Piazza dei Miracoli, Oh my God, what a crowd.
At the Piazza dei Miracoli, I bought a combined ticket so I could visit al the monuments and museums, for the famous tower I needed to buy an extra (expensive) ticket.
After visiting Pisa’s tourist highlights (Battistero, Duomo, Campo Santo and the Campanille), I returned towards the train station via the Piazza dei Cavalieri, at this Piazza there are some magnificent Palaces.
It was well worth to spend a day in Pisa; it was the finishing of a beautiful week in Sunny Italy. In the evening I returned to Belgium a bit tired but with a happy feeling . . .
Oh yes; Italia, te amo . . .
It is really worth to make a detour along the picturesque Piazza dei Cavaleiri. It is located in the heart of the... more travel advice
Another remarkable building at the Palazzo dei Cavaleiri is the Palazzo dell'Orologio. For building this Palazzo they... more travel advice
- See All My own funny picture
- See All Some facts on the tower
- Climbing the tower
- See All Leaning tower : great and small
filipdebont's Related Pages
Pisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More then just the leaning tower"
- "PISA is a lot more than just the leaning tower"
- "Citta con torre ubbriacato"
- "Pisa, gateway to Tuscany"
- "Beautiful Pisa"
- "So much more than a tower!"
- "A pleasant surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisa
- Hotels in Pisa
- Transportation in Pisa
- Nightlife in Pisa
- Restaurants in Pisa
- Shopping in Pisa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisa
- 76 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Pisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisa
- Posted in Travel Chattanooga Forum "Re: Combining tourist attractions..."
- Commented on one of sue_stone's Pisa travel pages
- updated a Pisa Travel Page "More then just the leaning tower"
- Wrote a Review Beautiful buildings about Cavalieri Square in Pisa Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful buildings"
Photos in PisaSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues