"Surrounded by Vulcanoes" Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán by filipdebont

Lago de Atitlán Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 409 photos

This was our first stop place during our trip through Guatemala.

What a marvelous spot to visit. We stayed in Panajachel. We had a hotel just near the border of the Lake. We had a splendid view from the terrace of our room.

I must admit that Panajachel is a bit touristy, but on the other hand that offers also some advantages, like lots of restaurants, laundries to wash your dirty clothes, plenty of bancs to change your big dollars in Guatemalan Quetzal’s.

• Pros:a good place to stay
  • In a nutshell:a highlight of our trip
  • Last visit to Lago de Atitlán: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2003

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Thinking of visiting here later this year. Thanks for the helpful info, especially to get a sense of what to expect in the villages. Great people photos!

• Jan 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Very nice page Filip

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Beautifull page.. congratulations.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 2:08 AM

Fascinating page and beautiful pictures! Amazing colours of clothes worn by locals! Great nature as well.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 4:41 PM

We were in Guatemala in August. I love the people there. Your pages are excellent. Thank you! Susan

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 9:46 AM

good page!

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2004 at 11:51 AM

You have done a great job of showcasing this most beautiful place!! It is one of the prettiest spots I have been. -- Greg

• Beekz's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2003 at 7:16 AM

Amai, sjieke foto's! Ik ga er volgende zomer ook een tijd doorbrengen en verheug mij al op het fotografeerplezier!

• vaticanus's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2003 at 8:28 PM

Excellent portrayal of everyday life

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2003 at 2:04 PM

My favorite souvenirs when I travel is capturing the "day in the life of the locals" on film. You seem to stay so consistent in doing this so vividly in all your travel pages, Filip! Another well-documented page!

filipdebont

“Preparing my next trip : South-East of the States”

Badges & Stats in Lago de Atitlán

Have you been to Lago de Atitlán?

Latest Activity in Lago de Atitlán