"Hiking around a Vulcano Lake" Laguna Cuicocha by filipdebont
Laguna Cuicocha Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
While we were staying in Otavalo, we had the chance to make an excursion to the Laguna de Cuichoca.
With an old bus we needed an hour to get there.
In our travel description we could read that this trip around the lake was a 5 hour trip, but as the signs around the lake were not placed so good, we needed 6 hours to complete our journey.
And I must admit that it was not so easy to do, also because of the altitude (3200 - 3400 m above sea level).
- Pros:great views
- Cons:missing signs
At certain points of the track the signs were missing, so some members of our group missed the fork of our hiking... more travel advice
Our guide told us that at the highest point of the hike, there was a cabin. And that was something to look forward... more travel advice
filipdebont's Related Pages
Laguna Cuicocha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hiking around a Vulcano Lake"
- "Laguna Cuicocha - beautiful setting"
- "Lago Cuicocha"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laguna Cuicocha
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Laguna Cuicocha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Cuicocha
Photos in Laguna CuicochaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues