"In the Rainforest" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyabeno by filipdebont

Cuyabeno Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 84 photos

After one day in the Colonial city of Quito, Ecuador's capital, it was time to see some more of this great country.

We did fly from Quito to Lago Agrio. It was only an half an hour flight. Previously this trip was made by a bus, and lasted 8 hours. But two years ago the group was attacked and robbed on this trip, so the Dutch travel agency changed this trip into a flight.

In Lago Agrio, a ranchero was waiting for us. With this open bus we travelled over a dusty road to the Reserva de produccion Faunistica Cuyabeno. After 3 hours of dust we finally arrived at the entrance of the Cuyabeno Park. This National Park is located near the border with Colombia.

At this entrance, we changed to motorised canoos; a 3 hour boat ride brought us in the middle of the rainforest.

Oh what a great location, this bush camp would be our home for the next 3 days. Every day we made several boat rides and hikes through the jungle in order to spot some wildlife.
I must admit that it was not easy to make beautiful pictures of flying birds, especially when you are in a small wigheling canoo>

Conclusion: my visit at Cuyabeno Park = a fantastic experience.

• Last visit to Cuyabeno: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2003

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Sounds like you had a great visit in Cuyabeno! When I fished for piranha in Venezuela I didn't get a fish, but a cayman on the hook. Now I'm looking forward to visit the Amazonas region on my next trip to Ecuador. I will not go to Cuyabeno though, but to Sani Lodge some hours from Coca. There I will be staying at their campsite.

• tompt's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2011 at 7:36 AM

He, wat leuk dat je daar geweest bent. Wij gaan in september naar dit regenwoud, en daarna 1 week naar de Galapagos. We hebben er nu al zin in ! Tom en Gonnie

• cybergenic's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2005 at 7:58 PM

those huge hairy spiders are not so dangerous, our guide put one on me and let it run on my arms and neck, it did not bite.

• mcpangie's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2004 at 1:12 PM

Great page. Sitting at my computer today I'm not so sure I could try lemon ants. Lots of nice tips you have.

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2004 at 2:02 PM

If you like fauna, have a look at my Rurrenabaque travelogues (bolivia)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 8:18 PM

when we don't know about creepy crawlers, we don't bother...but boy the Jungle makes as shiver, doesn't it great page filip, thanx for sharing

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 1:41 PM

that must have been an unforgetable experience for you. Beautiful pictures.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2003 at 2:57 AM

Nice page, Filip, so much wildlife to see.

• Oct 23, 2003 at 4:01 AM

Fantastic page and very nice wildlife pics!! Wow that old canoe will shure give U a wet landing :-)

• Brokie's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 3:51 AM

great adventure

filipdebont

“Preparing my next trip : South-East of the States”

Badges & Stats in Cuyabeno

Have you been to Cuyabeno?

Latest Activity in Cuyabeno