Quito Nightlife Tips by filipdebont Top 5 Page for this destination
Quito Nightlife: 39 reviews and 47 photos
Plaza de Independencia
Because of the music, we took another road, and like this we arrived at this big Plaza.
I was kind of overwhelmed by the beauty of the lighted colonial buildings.
And I must also tell you that there were almost 28 days in between my first visit to Quito and this one. So like this I was really convinced that I had missed this square at my first visit. I did not recognise these buildings.
Wow, so beautiful, it was almost impossible that I had been here, a month ago.
Till the moment that one of my fellow travellers, told me that the big building on the other side was the Cathedral, and then I started to remember the buildings as the looked like by daylight. Indeed this was the biggest square of old Quito The plaza de independencia.
How strange, that a city-view can change at night.
More nightviews in the travelogue.
dancing on the Plaza
There was loud music on the Plaza. And the group of young students were dancing on the Plaza.
An open Ranchero was waiting for them in order to transport them to another Plaza, where they could continue their celebration.
At the other side of the Plaza there was another group of young people dancing and singing.
Theme: Live Music
live music on the Plaza
As we left the restaurant La Cueva del Oso, we heard music, singing and yelling.
Of course, we wanted to satisfy our curiosity.
Like this we arrived at the plaza de Independencia, where a group of young people were celebrating.
There was life music, and lots of singing, yelling and dancing.
It was a kind of celebration of university students.
Dress Code: a sweater for the chilly wind
Theme: Live Music
Plaza de Santo Domingo
Our hotel was at the corner of Plaza de Santa Domingo. And we had a splendid view over the Plaza, that is why we all enjoyed the view and the lighted Church on Plaza de Santo Domingo.
The first night we did not walk around because we were pretty tired after a long flight and the acclimatisation to the altitude.
But on our last day in Ecuador we had another chance to discover Quito at night.
Dress Code: a sweater as it can be very chilly at night at 2800 m altitude.
Address: Plaza de Santa Domingo
More Reviews (45)
- See All La Mitad del Mundo
- See All Dining in style
- See All Lots of Busses
filipdebont's Related Pages
Quito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quito - Capital of Ecuador"
- "b1bob does Quito big time"
- "A city among volcanoes"
- "Thinking of South American Cities? Think Quito"
- "¡Bienvenidos a Quito!"
- "Connected with nature at the middle of the earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quito
- Hotels in Quito
- Transportation in Quito
- Nightlife in Quito
- Restaurants in Quito
- Shopping in Quito
- Warnings and Dangers in Quito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quito
- 49 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Quito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quito
Photos in QuitoSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues