"Randonnee du Muguet" Raismes by filipdebont
Raismes Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 25 photos
This first of May, is an official holiday in Belgium (also in other countries), in fact it is the day of labour.
And I can understand for you foreigners it seems a bit strange, but on the day of labour nobody has to work.
So on this day I went to Raismes by car, to participate to the Randonnee du Muguet (tour trip of the lily-of-the-valley for cyclists).
It is a kind of tradition around this first of May, that in this region, everywhere they are selling small bouquets of lilies-of-the-valley.
- Pros:a wonderful region to discover
At the same site there was also a memorial to honour the soldiers who fought in Algeria from 1954 till 1962. more travel advice
Near this war memorial there was an old bunker, and on the hill above it there was an old army truck. But you could not... more travel advice
filipdebont's Related Pages
Raismes Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Raismes
- Transportation in Raismes
- Restaurants in Raismes
- Shopping in Raismes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Raismes
- 24 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Raismes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raismes
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues