"Roubaix : plus que des pavés" Roubaix by filipdebont
Roubaix Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 66 photos
Roubaix: more then just cobbles.
I think everyone knows Roubaix as the finish of one of the hardest bicycle races in the world: Paris - Roubaix.
Paris - Roubaix: more then 256 km of emotion, flat tyres, and about 54 km of cobbled roads.
This race also named The Hell of the North is a real festivity for the whole region of Northern France.
Already several times I did come to this region to support the cyclists in their fight against dust or mud (depending on the weather the days before the race), and against the stones.
And I do not only come here to support the cyclists, I also come here to do some cycling, no, no not the 256 km from Paris - Roubaix, bus shorter distances organised by the local cycling club, Le VC de Roubaix.
Roubaix once one of the most important industrial cities of textile in the North, has more to offer then just their connection with the cobbles.
There are also some museums in Roubaix:
One of the most remarkable is La Piscine.
La Piscine: The Swimming Pool. This former swimming pool is now used as Museum of Art and Industry. It was a great experience to visit.
Another great museum is the Manufacture des Flanders - Jacquard Museum, where you can discover the evolution of the Jacquard technique during more then 2 centuries.
This Manufacture des Flandres is in fact The Jacquard museum. Here you can learn all about the history of 2 centuries of... more travel advice
Another way to discover the city of Roubaix, is via your Mobile telephone. Like this you can visit the city on your... more travel advice
filipdebont's Related Pages
Roubaix Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Roubaix
- Transportation in Roubaix
- Shopping in Roubaix
- Warnings and Dangers in Roubaix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roubaix
- 40 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Roubaix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roubaix
Photos in RoubaixSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues