Peshawar Favorite Tips by filipdebont
Peshawar Favorites: 15 reviews and 13 photos
Favorite thing: Peshawar is the capital of the North Western Frontier Province (NWFP), Peshawar is a very exotic city, and it has preserved the traditional atmosphere and retained its air of Arabian Nights.
The most exciting part of Peshawar is the old city,
Visiting the bazaar, which is as big as a whole quarter, is a true experience. I'm not sure , but there must be hundreds of small shops. It is
like a labyrinth of small streets and colourful bazaars, a mosaic of merchants, travellers, Phanthans and Afghans. The shops who offer the same
stuff can - in a typical Asian style - all be found together. (this picture is made at Chowk Yadgar, the central square in the old city, as you can see, a very busy place)
Favorite thing: As an amateur photographer, this is the place to be. In other places you must ask people if you can make a picture (and sometimes they ask money for it), but here, well it is the opposite, here people ask YOU, if you want to make a photo of them, so if you have difficulties with saying no, take plenty of filmroles, you'll need them.
Favorite thing: When I walked along the small streets I wondered why so many shops sold Pakistan flags and badges. Well I asked, and the answer to my question was that a few days later it was a National Holiday, that explaind a lot.
Favorite thing: Stop in one of the typical teahouses for a cup of green tea.
Favorite thing: What a tough old man, carrying all that wood on his back.
Favorite thing: What really striked me, is the fact that you don't see a lot of ladies in the streets, and the one that you see are heavily veiled, This is really a men's -society.
Favorite thing: Most people are very friendly, and they all want to know where you from and what is your name, I can assure this is funny in the beginning but after a
few hours and answering the same questions hundreds of times, well even for a calm and tolerant tourist there are limits. The picture shows our two drivers who are relaxing with a cup of green thee.
Favorite thing: Well I must not forget to tell you about the relaxed and friendly spirit while negotiating about the price when you are buying something.
Outside the fruit shops the fruit is stalled like colourful pyramids.
Favorite thing: The street life is very colourful: you see Arabs, Turkish Nomads and Western dressed Pakistan businessmen.
More Reviews (47)
filipdebont's Related Pages
Peshawar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peshawar to Kashgar, China,along the Karakoram Hig"
- "THE CITY OF THE SPIES...PESHAWAR"
- "One Day Trip to Peshawar"
- "Great Frontier Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peshawar
- Hotels in Peshawar
- Transportation in Peshawar
- Nightlife in Peshawar
- Restaurants in Peshawar
- Shopping in Peshawar
- Warnings and Dangers in Peshawar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kring Point State Park Hotels
- Wind River Hotels
- Palos Verdes Estates Hotels
- Micanopy Hotels
- Isla de la Toja
- Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg
Badges & Stats in Peshawar
- 58 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Peshawar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peshawar
Photos in PeshawarSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (63)
Latest Peshawar hotel reviews
- Khyber Pass- 17 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Qissa Khawani Bazaar- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Bala-Hisar Fort- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Walled City - Old Peshawar- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Jamrud Fort- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Peshawar Museum- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Decorated Trucks- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Cunningham Clock Tower- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Masjid- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Chowk Yadgar- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Peshawar Things to Do