"Future and Past" filipdebont's Profile

Next trip : South East USA - 2012

In July / August I've my next America trip.

I will start with some kind of city trip : 4 days Washington DC

Then I am flying to Atlanta, home of CNN and Coca Cola. There I have a rental car, so we go up towards Chattanooga. Then via Lynchburg (Jack Daniels Whiskey) to Nashville (of cours with a show in the Grand Ole Opry). Then a piece of the Natchez trace Parkway to Tupelo (birthplace of the King).

From Tupelo again up to Memphis (can't miss Graceland of course), then along the Blues highway to Clarksdale. And from Clarksdale I will return towards ti Natchez Trace Parkway, and then all the way down via vicksburg to Natchez with iis beautiful Antibellums. Then further down into Cajun country, via Baton Rouge towards Lafayette (fron here I want to visit the Tabasco factory). the via some famous plantages Oak Alley, Laura) towards the birthplace of Jazz : New Orleans (3 days to enjoy the sound of jazz).

Then I am flying to Miami, I sat here for a few days in order to visit the Art deco houses at Miami beach, the Keys and the Everglades. Then I drive up towards Crystal River, to swim with the manatees. then towards Daytona, to drive on the beach with my car and to visit the Nascar circuit. Then to my final destination : Orlando (Disney, Universal studios and Cape Canaveral)

So I think this will be a fascinating 5 weeks trip

USA 2007 Trip

So 6 months of preparation . . .

and it is already history

A one month trip through Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Nevada and California

A magnificent trip, Sunshine, tropical temperatures, T-storms

Good for 5860 Miles (9376 kilometres) on the counter of my rental car(s)

Also resulting in almost 5.500 pictures

and now to big task to share this all on VT

well I have already started :

Rock Springs, Wyoming page

Flaming Gorge Recreation Area, Utah page.

Jackson, Wyoming page

NEW - Tower Hill Game Reserve

During our big Australia Roundtrip, we visited the Tower Hill Game reserve along the Great Ocean Road.

This is a good place to spot Kangaroos, Emus and Koalas.

You are welcome to vist my Tower Hill Game Reserve page

Robbie Williams in Brussels (14 June 2006)

Wednesday 14th of June, the second concert of Robbie Williams in the Koning Boudewijn Stadium.

Despite the bad weather, the concert was Mega - Mega (or like the say in Antwerp - gewuun Mega bangelijk . . . . )

Before the concert began, we could listen to Orson and then the amazing sound of Basement Jax.

And then there was the moment 60.000 fans waited for . . . a show no one will ever forget . . . again Angels did give me Goosebumps . . . (thanks Jessica - (JessH( - for correcting the chickenskin - lol)

another great moment was when Robbie started to sing spontaneous I'm singing in the rain and the whole stadium continued singing . . and I'm happy again . .

It was a great evening

Kenia - Uganda trip - July 2005

So I just returned from a Kenya - Uganda trip.

In Kenya we visited the Nakuru N.P. and the magnificent Masai Mara National Reserve.

In Uganda we visited, Sipi Falls near Mount Elgon, we visited the local people near Namwenda. We stopped at the source of the Nile near Jinja, after a quick visit at Kampala (the Capital); we headed for Kibale N. P. where we made a Chimpanzee trekking. In the Queen Elisabeth N.P. we did see a lot of Hippos during a beautiful boat ride.

After this water experience there was time for the real highlight of this trip, a trekking in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, in order to discover the Mountain Gorillas. Wow, that was magnificent; the huge Silverback was only a few metres away. What an unforgettable experience.

After Bwindi, we visited Lake Buyoni and Lake Mburo, and then we headed back to Jinja where some of our group did some rafting on the river Nile. And then it was time to head back to Kenya, to catch our flight back home.

Lake Nakuru N. P. (Kenya) - July 2005

The first park we did visit during my Kenya - Uganda trip, was the Lake Nakuru National Park.

This was a very interesting park.

The highlight in this park are the thousands (maybe even millions) of Flamingos. These Flamigos colour the lake really pink.

You are welcome to vist my Lake Nakuru N.P. page

NEW - St Petersburg - Russia

In May, I visited St Petersburg.

I spent 5 days in this wonderful city.

Highlight number 1 was the Hermitage museum.

I also went the theatre in St Petersburg: on saturday evening I went to the Mussorgsky Theatre to see the Swan Lake Ballet and on sunday evening I went to the big Mariinski theatre to see the Opera Aida. Just a unique experience.

This page is still under construction.

My new St Petersburg page

Future pages :

Belgium : Roeselare (my hometown), Kanegem, Kwaremont, Oudenaarde, Nieuwpoort, Mechelen, Planckendael, Tielt, Wemmel, Oostende, Averbode, Blankenberge, Zillebeke, Leuven Laroche, Turnhout, Zillebeke (+ update Brugge, Gent and Antwerpen)

Netherlands : Marken, Leiden, Volendam, Zaandam, Rotterdam, Beekse Bergen, Maastricht (+ update Amsterdam)

Mexico : San Christobal de las Casas, Yachilan, Palenque City, Palenque ruines, Merida, Campeche, Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Playa del Carmen

Guatemala : Chichicastenango, Antigua, Guatemala City, Rio Dulce, Livingstone, Tikal, Flores, Bethel

Honduras : Copan

More :Barcelona (Spain), Kwa-Zulu Natal (S-Africa), Swasiland, Greece (cyclads, Corfoe, Athens), Vienna, Prague

West Coast USA : San Fransisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Joshua Tree N.P., Grand Canyon, Moument Valley, Rainbow Bridge, Bryce Canyon, Arches N.P., Las Vegas, Death Valley, Yosemite N.P.

Italy :(Venice, Roma, Napoli, Firenze, Siena), France (Lille, Roubaix, Alpes, Pyrenees, Paris)

Ecuador (Saquisili, Chimborazo, Cuenca, El Cajas, Quayaquil) + Galapagos trip

China - Tibet trip (Beijing, Lanzhou, Chengdu, Lhasa, Shigatse, . . .) + Katmandu (Nepal)

Kenia : Masai Mara Natiol Reserve, Kericho

Uganda : Sipi, Namwenda, Jinja, Kampala, Kibale N.P., Queen Elisabeth N.P., Bwindi Impenetrable Forest,Lake Bunyoni, Lake Mburo,.

As you can see a huge (a very huge list). Maybe I should stop travelling for a year or so, and take a year holiday to work fulltime on my VT pages. Or maybe I should hire a secretary to write and translate my travel tips.

• Intro Updated Feb 19, 2012

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Filip, Gefeliciteerd en een fijne verjaardag. PJ

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Hello Filip I printed out your tips for Vienna read them on the plane over to visit and found them very useful thanks for taking the time to post them!!!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Happy birthday, I'm heading to just south of you next April/May for another trip to France. Hope you have a lovely time in the States. Cheers, Ian

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM

A warm Happy Birthday Greeting from Malaysia. Wish you healthy, wealthy to keep more travellings.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Filip Happy Birthday from Maryland USA

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Happy birthday, Filip!

• B_Caro's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Gelukkige verjaardag Filip !!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Flip, Gefeliciteerd; een fijne verjaardag! PJ

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
filipdebont's Profile Photo

filipdebont

“Preparing my next trip : South-East of the States”

Real Name