"Connemara & the movie " the Quiet man"" Top 5 Page for this destination County Galway by globetrott

County Galway Travel Guide: 1,166 reviews and 2,653 photos

County Galway is one of the most scenic areas in Ireland, including the "Connemara" and the places around Cong, where the famous movie " The quiet man" was made...

A small map for your orientation, where you will find Galway County

• Intro Updated Jul 8, 2005

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Nice page! Just watched "The Quiet Man" on TV again. Nice to see the places in Ireland where it was filmed!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
      Jul 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM

thanks a lot Sylvia ! I have enjoyed the movie lots of years ago and I still do nowadays after all these years !

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2013 at 3:55 AM

The landscape around Connemara looks beautiful. I plan to visit in February.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 2:33 PM

What a gorgeous part of Ireland! The scenery in your pictures is simply stunning and the tips are excellent. I wouldn't mind being deported to Connacht if only I could.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Michael, sometimes youforget how beautiful your own country is. Thanks for reminding me with these spectacular photos/ ::)

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2005 at 2:45 AM

Your Mother and mine had something in common Michael. My Mum loved the movie the quiet man (and I saw it a few times too-Mums favourite scene-where Barry Fitzgerald surveyed the bedroom and shook his head saying "Impetuous". I laugh to think of it myself.

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 3:35 PM

Was fuer eine wunderschoene Landschaft!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Your page made me feel that it is already a bit too long since my last visit to Ireland....

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 11:37 AM

A beautiful page on this lovely part of Ireland! I would love to tour it slowly like you did and enjoy all the sights. The closest I got was the Cliffs of Moher and a view of the Aran Islands from Doolin!

• Jul 16, 2005 at 6:59 AM

Cool new page with lovely photos!

• Jul 14, 2005 at 10:58 PM

Wonderful landscape views. they have smth mysterious.

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in County Galway

Have you been to County Galway?

Latest Activity in County Galway