"For your vacations along the rivers Rhine & Mosel" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz by globetrott

Land Rheinland-Pfalz Travel Guide: 4,298 reviews and 12,623 photos

in 1980 I was working onboard of M/S Britannia - one of the most luxury cruiseships on the river Rhine. I was working there at the purser's office and from that time on I often came back to the lovely Rhine-valley to spend my vacations, cruising, hiking and cycling...

On this page about Rheinland-Pfalz you will find ALL of my tips and pics about the most important places of interest in the valley of the Rhine and Mosel.
I included Ruedesheim am Rhein, although it is in a different federal district (Hessen)

• Last visit to Land Rheinland-Pfalz: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2010

• Nov 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Hahn airport did not just see small planes. It was home to US Air Force F-4 fighter jets before Hahn Air Base closed.(not sure if it was in the 1990s) It's sad that you were there and had no idea of the history.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Hello, Michael! Thanx for your valuable tips, as always!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Hello Michael, Just planning some trips by car. This area between Mosel and Rhine seems fine and only 350 km from Brussels. Wine must be good; how is the food?

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 9:53 AM

HOW MANY castles ARE there in Germany and Austria ????Loved the Dali House and the Mouse Tower. I will read the other half in a few days as I want to look at the photos in detail. Lovely page with exceptional detail :))

• kevanrijn's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 2:44 AM

I've been here and seen the fountain--but had no idea of the story surrounding it. Thanks for sharing the story! By the way, all your pictures are lovely!

• WheretoNext82's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 10:57 AM

This page is fantastic. I think you've settled most of my what to do ideas.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 1:00 AM

Wow, Michael, this is exceptional !!!! I got so many inspirations for my upcoming trip along the Rhine, I love Hotel Bären already :-) Thanks for mentioning the noise situation, and so much more in here :-)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 12:09 PM

was ich immer 'predige' Rhl-Pf. ist das schoenste Laendle im deutschen Lande!!..I made an other link, under Accommodation. fantastic page here

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 1:23 AM

Lots of information about Rheinland-Pfalz! Plus so many pictures. It's a joy to read your pages.

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Nice page! I have been to all of those places before. I spent a week once in Bacharach on a school trip, in the round tower in the hostel Stahleck.

globetrott Visits Here Frequently!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Land Rheinland-Pfalz

• 1,036 Photos

Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?