"Hamburg - a lot of great memories" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg by globetrott

Hamburg Travel Guide: 1,496 reviews and 3,544 photos

Hamburg has a special meaning to me :
I came here quite often as a child, because my mother spent her childhood in Bergedorf ( on my pic: Bergedorfer Schloss)
Later-on Hamburg was the home-port of M/S Vistafjord , while I was working there and hamburg used to be the best place for shopping and relaxing a bit.
In April 2006 I came back to Hamburg in order to take pics of M/S Freedom of the Seas, the biggest cruiseship in the world...

• Last visit to Hamburg: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2006

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Super tips about Hamburg, thank you so much! I enjoyed reading your page and I'm looking forward to spending some time in Hamburg in summer.

• Dec 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Hrebertstrasse is very fascinating! It's the "most you get of" Reeperbahn. However, i like the nice pubs on the square the most. More tips on http://www.reeperbahn.me

• Oct 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

To understand Hamburg and the life there, you have to be born there. I was born there but don't live there, very sad. Sorry the angrytourist didn't research the Reeperbahn, in the olden days it wa strictly for the sailors etc.

• Sep 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Reeperbahn is an aweful place, dont waste your time. BE VERY CAREFUL. The restaurants and bars will try to fleece you for ever last cent you have typically by making you buy the girls drinks and then charging extortionist prices.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Excellent tips! I never realized there was a Brahms Museum in Hamburg, and I didn't know about the "Welcome-Hoeft" at Schulau. Great that your mother took a photo of your ship leaving in 1978! And that's a very good warning tip about DVK GmbH!

• mnarcelles's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2008 at 5:03 AM

Hi, learned a lot and enjoyed reading your Hamburg page. I will be going there october 20,2008.It is of great help.

• Mar 16, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Hello. I am going to HAM in JUN 2008 and your remarks are of great help!!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Wonderful page. I hope to visit Hamburg the next time I journey to Germany. There seems to be so much to see after reading your informative page.

• Rupanworld's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 1:03 AM

Hi, just been to a place called Suzannestrasse and found colourful paintings on walls of houses, shops there as in your Things to do 'Hafenstrasse'. Is it the same place or somewhere nearby. Since I'm new here, couldn't make it out.

• florry's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:24 AM

Very good info here

globetrott Visits Here Frequently!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Hamburg

Have you been to Hamburg?