Ireland Transportation Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Ireland Transportation: 227 reviews and 147 photos
Jaunting Cars are the traditional means of transportation for all tourists in order to explore Muckross Park. At the large car-parks outside of the Park you will see plenty of them, chasing for their customers.
Such a ride takes mostly about 45 minutes and these carriages may take between 4 and 8 persons. I do not remember the price, but it was not so very much and you better fix a price in advance.
Of course you may as well walk easily to Muckross Abbey and the other places of interest in Muckross Park, and you may finally still jump on one of the carriages passing by very frequently all over the park.
Muckross Park is quite a wide area, and when you want to save time and still see all of it, you better take one of these "tourist traps"
Fort Aengus in Aran Islands
There are various ferries taking you to the Aran-islands but the best means of transportation to get to Inismore & the other Aran Islands might be to take an airplane in my personal opinion ! When you are lucky you may take great photographs of the island and Fort Aengus from above. The fare for such a flight of just 30 minutes is 45 Euros for the return-ticket.In 1995 I had been at the small airport of Spiddal, but I did not reserve in advance and a large tourbus had occupied all flights available and so I decided to take the ferry again. A reservation for the flight is highly recommended, also for the Aer Arann Islands shuttle-bus taking you from Galway city to Spiddal. That bus starts at Kinlay House Hostel, on Merchants Road which is just off Eyre Sqare.
Other Contact: %B%CB%S4aerarann@iol.ie
Phone: (+ 353) 91 593 034
take the ferry from Killimer to Tarbert
Of course you will mostly have enough time to drive all the side-roads along the Westcoast, but sometimes you might be in a hurry and will be glad to save some petrol and time by taking the carferry from Killimer to Tarbert across the river Shannon. The mouth of the river Shannon is quite wide and long there and instead of driving 137 extra km ( 85 miles )you simply have to wait a few minutes for the ferry, pay around 13 Euros one way for cars and small motorhomes and take a ferry-ride of ca. 20 minutes. This makes sense, when you want to get from Co.Kerry to the Burren and places like Kilkee, Kilfenora,Milltown Malbay or Ennistimon and the Burren.
For updated prices and timetables of that ferry-connection - please check the webpage below !!
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (97)
- See All an interesting natural phenominon
- See All Carrowmore and Carrowkeel
- See All a great luxury hotel
- july 12th - a sensitive date in...
globetrott's Related Pages
Ireland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- "Ireland - I wouldn't start from here"
- "Leprechauns Make Me Do It!!!"
- "IRELAND - The Adventure"
- "My Ireland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ireland
- Hotels in Ireland
- Transportation in Ireland
- Nightlife in Ireland
- Restaurants in Ireland
- Shopping in Ireland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ireland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Parte de Banilad Hotels
- Bentota Hotels
- Bardoli Hotels
- Coconut Grove Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ireland
- 232 Reviews
- 713 Photos
- 84 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ireland
- Posted in Travel Genoa Forum "Re: Visiting Genoa for a few..."
- Commented on one of Maryimelda's Ireland travel pages
- updated a Ireland Travel Page "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- Wrote a Review an interesting natural phenominon about Giant's Causeway in Ireland Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (342)
Top Ireland hotels
- Dublin Hotels
- 5063 Reviews - 9248 Photos
- Galway Hotels
- 509 Reviews - 926 Photos
- Killarney Hotels
- 274 Reviews - 597 Photos
- Sligo Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 248 Photos
- Cork Hotels
- 574 Reviews - 1441 Photos
- Limerick Hotels
- 267 Reviews - 293 Photos
- Wicklow Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 234 Photos
- Kilkenny Hotels
- 288 Reviews - 593 Photos
- Kinsale Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 391 Photos
- Clifden Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 172 Photos
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Waterford Hotels
- 168 Reviews - 411 Photos
- Falcarragh Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Wexford Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Lough Key Forest Park Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Cliffs of Moher- 71 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Ring of Kerry- 25 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Blarney Castle- 33 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Aran Islands- 25 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Clonmacnoise- 22 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Connemara- 20 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Dingle- 36 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Bunratty Castle- 19 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Glendalough- 24 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Adare- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
See All Ireland Things to Do