State of New South Wales Hotel Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
State of New South Wales Hotels: 187 reviews and 34 photos
In Wallabadah (south of Tamworth/ NSW) I found my favorite of all the free campingsites that I have used in Australia: Next to the park where you find the monument for the 1st settlers you will find a large area, where camping is free over night and so I stayed there in my motorhome togeather with about 20 other campers.
Unique Qualities: Toilets and washing-facilities are available there, there is a small river next to the campingsite, some sitting-areas with tables and benches and cooking-facilities like you will find them on many picknick-places in Australia. For children you will also find a playground !
Directions: This place is next to the monument for the 1st settlers and also next to the mainroad through the village. When driving south from Tamworth, it is on the left !
The Nelligen Post Office Guesthouse
In case that you travel from the coast to Canberra, this might be a good chance for you to stay in a house that was built by the early settlers of the 19th century: The Nelligen Post Office that is a Guesthouse nowadays ! I did not stay in this hotel/guesthouse, but I saw it from OUTside and as it was the only place that offered accomodation in Nelligen, I thought it might be helpfull to find some pics and booking-infos here, in case somebody is travelling in that area, east of Canberra.
Unique Qualities: What I like most is the great architecture and the lovely restoration, the small terraces right in front of the rooms, where you can sit and enjoy the day.
See some more photos, also of the interior, when clicking on the link below !
Directions: You will find the Nelligen Post Office Guesthouse as the 1st building on the left, when entering the village !
In general it is forbidden to sleep in your car OUTside of campingsites, except in some places along the mainroads that have a sign " Rest & revive " . Unfortunately these places are mostly not really "romantic" and some of them are quite spooky as well, BUT I was always lucky and spent my night sometimes even inside of a village on an ordinary parkinglot, without any problems at all !
Unique Qualities: This "Rest & revive" - place in Stroud is an excellent example for a great place to spend the night in a camper and it is equipped with a public toilet and a place for a picknick.
I parked my car there - it actually had a bed inside as well and spent the night there totally unharmed by anyone and even the mossies gave me a brake.
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: This place was in Stroud, but there are others as well all over the state of NSW.
More Reviews (30)
- See All look out for the firefighter-sheds
- See All Uralla - Where bushrangers get a...
- See All I rented a so-called "Spacecamper"
globetrott's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW SOUTH WALES - THE PREMIER STATE"
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- "New South Wales - Entry to Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 355 Reviews
- 1,834 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 33 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (496)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Top Musical Cities"
- updated a State of New South Wales Travel Page "My 20 days in NSW"
- Wrote a Review look out for the firefighter-sheds in State of New South Wales Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Uralla - Where bushrangers get a monument"
- Commented on one of TheWanderingCamel's State of New South Wales travel pages
Read real reviews about State of New South Wales Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues