"the northern-most part of Germany" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Schleswig-Holstein by globetrott
Land Schleswig-Holstein Travel Guide: 780 reviews and 2,315 photos
My mother was born in Flensburg / Schleswig-Holstein. My grandfather was an Austrian citizen, who left Vienna after WW I in order to live and work in Danmark. He married a lovely danish girl, my grandmother. After they had 3 children my grandfather lost his job there, came to Germany, used to be a foreigner and had lost his job there again, when Hitler took over Germany. After the "Anschluss" of Austria in 1938, he was allowed to work again and so my mother grew up in Schleswig-Holstein and although she had an Austrian passport from the first day of her life, she did not come to Austria untill she was 19 years old....
So these facts are my "connections" to Schleswig Holstein, where we had stayed so many times and at many places of the childhood of my mother, when-ever we were on vacations there
The Elbfaehre Glückstadt - Wischhafen is a popular car-ferry from Glückstadt in Schleswig-Holstein (at the northern bank... more travel advice
Herta is my favorite restaurant in Kiel for many reasons : first of all it is the lovely old ship with a great interior... more travel advice
globetrott's Related Pages
Land Schleswig-Holstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the northern-most part of Germany"
- "The transition zone between Germany and Denmark"
- "North Fresia"
- "Germany's Far North"
- "Kiel Canal"
- "Almost in Scandinavia -- Schleswig Holstein"
- "Welcome to SCHLESWIG - HOLSTEIN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Hotels in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Transportation in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Nightlife in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Restaurants in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Shopping in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- 26 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (292)
Have you been to Land Schleswig-Holstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Posted in Travel Cesky Krumlov Forum "Re: Hallstaat to Cesky to Vienna"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Elbfaehre Glückstadt - Wischhafen"
- Wrote a Review Elbfaehre Glückstadt - Wischhafen in Land Schleswig-Holstein Transportation
- Commented on one of RhineRoll's Land Schleswig-Holstein travel pages
- updated a Land Schleswig-Holstein Travel Page "the northern-most part of Germany"
Photos in Land Schleswig-HolsteinSee All Photos (125)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (345)
Top Land Schleswig-Holstein hotels
- Flensburg Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Kiel Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 310 Photos
- Lübeck Hotels
- 271 Reviews - 668 Photos
- Timmendorfer Strand Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Helgoland Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 195 Photos
- Uetersen Hotels
- 1 Review - 12 Photos
- Sylt Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Rendsburg Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Malente-Gremsmühlen Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Aventoft Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Wittenberg Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Wilster Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Westerland Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Wentorf bei Hamburg Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Wenningstedt Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 2 Photos