"Where to go and what to see !" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany by globetrott

Germany Travel Guide: 57,019 reviews and 167,794 photos

This page is ment for people from abroad & overseas
as an overview of the best places to see in Germany !

Germany was my home for 10 years

I was living and working for 10 years in Germany :
6 months I was working as purser's assistant on a cruiseship on the river Rhine
1 year I was working in Fuessen
Some months as well in Starnberg and Rottach-Egern
and finally 7 years in Munich
and Hamburg has a special meaning to me :
I came here quite often as a child, because my mother spent her childhood in Bergedorf ( on my pic: Bergedorfer Schloss)
Later-on Hamburg was the home-port of M/S Vistafjord , while I was working there and Hamburg used to be the best place for shopping and relaxing a bit.

• In a nutshell:Germany is more than only Neuschwanstein and Oktoberfest, take a look at my "Off the beaten path" tips ! ;-)
  • Last visit to Germany: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2012

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Having read through 58 off the beaten path tips, I now feel that I know my own country much better. Thanks for sharing your highly informative tips!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
      Sep 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Oh yes, Germany is a great country to travel through, Best regards from Vienna !

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

There is a Mrs von Zeppelin living on Qld Gold Coast widow of a von Zeppelin related to the family with the air ships or whatever they were called.

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Nice and informative page on Germany! I have been to most of those places, except what used to be in the DDR and Rothenburg. You picked a lot of the best places! I would add die Zugspitze!! :)

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I can just imagine sitting at one of those tables when a train flies past with your glasses and cup rattling away.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Hi, just started to read your Germany page, brilliant start. A little mistake: Rothenburg is not the only town completey surrounded by a medieval wall. Nördlingen is another one. The funny thing is: They claim they have the only complete wall, haha! Sissi

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 8:07 AM

An amazing array of wonders in this country that is so full of beautiful landscapes, architecture and centuries of history!! Thanks for the great Restaurant tips & I'd love to experience the Rhine and ship hotels!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Hi Michael, I've just been reading your great collection of OffBP tips. I've only been to two of these places: My older son and I once had a fine tour of Burg Lahneck, and I've also been to Landshut, but on a business trip so I didn't see very much.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2008 at 12:36 PM

There are so many places to see and I've only seen very little of Germany yet. Brilliant overview!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM

I have absolutly seen to little of Germany (less than two days)! It defenitly deserves more time. Great informative tips!

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Wonderful page, as usual! I'll continue visiting it later.

globetrott Used To Live Here!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Germany

• 1,270 Reviews
  • 3,402 Photos

Have you been to Germany?