"Switzerland's Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Bern by globetrott

Bern Travel Guide: 595 reviews and 1,830 photos

Bern is Switzerland's Capital and a great place to explore the old part of town, with interesting arcades along the main shopping-streets, where you can shop on a rainy day without getting wet...

• Intro Updated Jan 12, 2011

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Nice page, interesting tips and photos. I visit recently this lovely City, but I stay very short. Thank you for reminding me!

• DEY's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Thanks for the great memories! I lived in Bern for three years and had that view of the Alps from my apartment!

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Extremely well done and nice site. I have just joined VT but will be visiting Bern in October. Any thoughts on how some one can dine inexpensively in Bern? Again thank you for this and your other Swiss sites.

• Jun 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Das System mit den Einkaufs-Arkaden ist total perfect gemacht in Bern und das gibt es meines Wissens in dieser totalen Art sonst nirgendwo !

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Michael I have learnt that to save time when researching a city I want to visit, that the best thing is to look for your pages. Your Bern page has told me everything I need to know when I visit in August. thank you.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Excellent page, Michael! Switzerland is still a green spot on my map of Europe. Your page makes me dream to paint it in blue someday, haha!

• rachesuiphilippines's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Hello, I've never been to Switzerland but I'm always interested in this beautiful country. I like the pic of river Aare you posted. Great...awesome ...love the place and hopes to be there one day. pearl

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2011 at 3:53 AM

I spent four nights in Bern some years ago and totally loved the city. Well captured on your page! Thanks for sharing, Michael.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Great page about our Swiss capital! Should visit more ofte this place as Valais is only 1h30 far away by train thanks to the Lötschberg tunnel. Thanks for the tips!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2011 at 3:30 PM

You must have had a good haze filter for your lead photo -- or was it an unusually clear day? I lived in Bern for a year but never climbed the Münster tower, always thinking I could do it some other time. Thanks for including the Mani Matter links.

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Bern