"Berner Alpen - The heart of Switzerland" Top 5 Page for this destination Berner Alpen by globetrott

Berner Alpen Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 657 photos

This is my favorite area of Switzerland : Eiger Moench and Jungfrau and hundreds of great mountains around them...

At some places you may almost touch the mountains - like here in the lounge of Schilthorn

Nowhere else than in the Bernese Alps are you able to choose between so many great ways to climb up the mountains so easily....

• Last visit to Berner Alpen: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2006

• Ann75's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hi Michael, I love this page of the beautiful Berner Alpen! We were there in the summer of 2008 and your tips here on VT were very helpful.

I have started over with all my pages and am slowly building up everything again. It's nice you are still writing great tips with beautiful photos!

Greetings,
    Ann

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Super page and great tips. Berner Alpen is my favorite destination. Like your restaurant tips.

• amsor's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Soviel Urlaub werde ich nie bekommen daß ich alles das sehen kann dort in den Berner Alpen ! ;-[[[

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Every time I am shown the beauty of the mountains and the wonderful style homes and villages, makes me want to book a flight today to get there. It will be soon. Great pictures and comments.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I can see I will have to return to Switzerland especially to see Brienze. thanks Michael, as always a great page. Kate

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2008 at 2:27 AM

Wonderful places and brilliant description, as always! Thanx, Michael! You are our guiding star!

• Escadora7's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 1:21 AM

Hi there! Really, really well-written tips and fantastic pictures. We are planning on hiking the Alps (probably on the Austrian side though) during our next Europe trip! Best wishes, Ash & Eve

• Apr 19, 2007 at 3:24 PM

Thanks for a most enjoyable write-up and most interesting photo's. Keep going. Sarie

• tranceperent's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 3:21 AM

enjoyed these

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 4:16 AM

soooooooo many nice pics and useful hints!!!!!!!!!! - and no nightlife!

globetrott Visits Here Frequently!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Berner Alpen

Have you been to Berner Alpen?