"Brienz was my home for 12 months some time ago" Top 5 Page for this destination Brienz by globetrott

Brienz Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 229 photos

Brienz was my home for more than a full year & I was working there as a young student, earning my first money as a waiter in a mountain-restaurant....

...and in october 2005 I returned for a short vacation to see it all again and take hundreds of photographs !!

• Last visit to Brienz: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2010 at 2:32 PM

What a wonderful and memorable place to have lived in your youth-and even today. The scenery must bl;ow your mind when you wake up every morning and see nature at its best

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Hello, Michael! Yes, nice memories and then another arrival... Well done! Thanx!

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2006 at 1:54 PM

Great tips and photos. Went camping at Lake Brienz some years ago and like Starship we got told off for making too much noise at about 21.00 hrs;)

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 9:00 AM

Nice page! Stayed in Brienz in 1983, and one of my favorite memories was getting locked out of hotel because 11pm was considered "very late in Switzerland." I have a similar map placement of the moutains which I treasure as a souvenir.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2006 at 3:40 PM

Michael, your photos are stunning. This is a breattaking place! The Grand Hotel is awesome. I enjoyed reading about the BRB train, the funiculars, the old steam train...train pass info is helpful. gorge, museum, and waterfall..wow!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2006 at 11:06 AM

Other than here in Austria the Swiss seeem to care a lot about their historic funiculars and railways - in Innsbruck they closed down the Hungerburgbahn these days :-((

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 8:22 AM

What a great landscape! I think it's time to spend a few days there again.

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Nice page! I hope I can see all that one day

• ophiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 5:18 AM

Brienz...a lot of good memories... too bad i couldnt stay more there. thanks for sharing those sights michael.

• Jan 5, 2006 at 9:50 AM

Aaaah, Brienzersee is just sooo beautiful! I love that area too! Brienzer Felchen - I have to try that next time I'm there I guess... Very good page Mike!

globetrott Visits Here Frequently!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Brienz