"an interesting town south-west of Bern" Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg by globetrott

Fribourg Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 308 photos

Fribourg is an interesting town south-west of Bern :
built on several hills and connected by high bridges...

And at some places you can still see the medieval townwalls of Fribourg.

• Last visit to Fribourg: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2009

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Despite the awful weather I had, I enjoyed the city!

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Fribourg is on the agenda for July..and its my intention to GET OUT of the Old Quarter,where I spent almost all of my time..Interesting page..sculpture of St-Nicolas Cathedral look pretty amazing!Maybe I'll make the trip to the top??

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Like you, I had only a few hours time for Fribourg - but what a gem! Your pics and tips bring back wonderful memories.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Yes, this does look like an interesting town, right on the linguistic border so they speak (or at least tolerate) both French and German. They have an opera company which only does one production per year -- six performances in the Aula of the university.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Michael, excellent overview of Fribourg. I also think that 2 hours is definitely not much for such a lovely city. Unfortunately I haven't visited Fribourg yet, but it is on my list.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 6:00 AM

A nice swiss town.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Dieser Kanton fehlt mir noch - hoffentlich nicht mehr lange.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Have only been here ages ago with my parents. The cathedral must be very impressive. So I must revisit this town one day.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM

townhall is very impressive in architecture. you saw a lot of interesting during your 2 hours in the town

• amsor's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Freiburg sieht sehr interessant aus, ich bin schon ein paarmal dran vorbeigefahren, aber nie hinein.

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Fribourg

Have you been to Fribourg?