"Gruyeres / Greyerz: home of my favorite cheese" Top 5 Page for this destination Gruyères by globetrott

Gruyères Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 454 photos

Gruyeres is a carfree village between Bern and Geneva. The village still has its medieval townwalls, an interesting castle, a HR Giger-museum

Gruyeres / Greyerz - that is also one of the most famous brands of cheese in Switzerland made according to a recepee that is more than 1000 years old.

• In a nutshell:NOT cheesy at all !
  • Last visit to Gruyères: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2009

• cal6060's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2016 at 1:24 AM

After reading your reviews, I think I missed some of the rooms in the castle... You had great photos.. thanks

• globetrott's Profile Photo
      Jan 2, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Thanks a lot ! I remember I have steped up a tower on the side that included some of these rooms obviously !

• chattygirl7491's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2015 at 8:48 AM

ohhh wow that's a garden

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2015 at 12:39 PM

This is so charming place and how great is that is so many things to see in such a small village. I also realize how many nice attraction I miss. I would like to come back here one day. Thank you for your presentation! I enjoy in virtual tour.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Had of course heard of the cheese but didn't know the village was so pretty - now I need to go!

• DEY's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2010 at 3:51 PM

The best fondue in the world! I miss it!

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2010 at 12:28 AM

When I lived there, went to Gruyère on Christmas Eve, what atmosphere! true about medieval feeling, it's like walking into Herman Hesse's Gesammelte Dichtungen! Last visit we drove in/out for cheese, now I want pics of those walls. :)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Nice page with lovely photo's to match.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM

It had never occured to me to wonder where the cheese came from - I just enjoy eating it! So it's great to find out more. I love the genuine historical appearance of the village, castle etc. And the cheese plate sounds yummy :-)

• abc37's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2010 at 4:42 AM

schönes Schloss !

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Micheal, great views of the Castle and the protective walls of Gruyères! It looks like you had beautiful weather for you explorations and, yes, Gruyères is one of my favourite cheeses too!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Gruyères

Have you been to Gruyères?

Latest Activity in Gruyères