"Gruyeres / Greyerz: home of my favorite cheese" Top 5 Page for this destination Gruyères by globetrott
Gruyères Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 454 photos
Gruyeres is a carfree village between Bern and Geneva. The village still has its medieval townwalls, an interesting castle, a HR Giger-museum
Gruyeres / Greyerz - that is also one of the most famous brands of cheese in Switzerland made according to a recepee that is more than 1000 years old.
- In a nutshell:NOT cheesy at all !
The castle-shop of the chateau de Gruyeres has a lot of interesting small-scale models of castles, knights etc. and also... more travel advice
The Crane is the bird in the coat of arms of Gruyeres, grue means crane / Karnich in french and this might also be the... more travel advice
globetrott's Related Pages
Gruyères Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gruyeres / Greyerz: home of my favorite cheese"
- "How could I not go to the city of cheese?"
- "cheese and aliens!"
- "OLD History...the Walled Village of Gruyeres...."
- "Old town on hill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gruyères
- Hotels in Gruyères
- Transportation in Gruyères
- Restaurants in Gruyères
- Shopping in Gruyères
- Warnings and Dangers in Gruyères
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gruyères
- 28 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (485)
Have you been to Gruyères?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gruyères
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues