"a great base to explore the Jungfrau-region" Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen by globetrott

Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 779 photos

Lauterbrunnen is a small village 20 km south of Interlaken and from there you may change to the trains to Wengen - Kleine Scheidegg - Jungfraujoch or to Mürren and the famous Schilthorn !
Lauterbrunnen has only a few smaller hotels and is certainly a good choice for people, who are not willing to pay the high hotel-prices of Interlaken !!
Another good reason to visit Lauterbrunnen is "Truemmelbach" - 10 waterfalls inside a mountain, and you may walk next to it through tunnels

• Last visit to Lauterbrunnen: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2011

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Another wonderful page Michael...the plan is coming together..slowly and changing here and there as time goes along..Terrific photos...thank you!Little question...how do I order up some fine blue sky and sunshine..we just get what we get ..I KNOW!

• May 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Dear globetrott, which one of the 2 routes from Lauterbrunnen to Schilthorn is more scenic?

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I must have enjoyed a different Gimmelwald. I loved the quiet & natural setting. Transportation is so good that it took little time to go anywhere. We stayed a small hotel with great food and the villagers stopping over for drinks & eating.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Your intro pic is the perfect symbol for Suisse :~)

• cincylucy's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 12:50 PM

I completely agree that Gimmelwald is NOT a good place to sleep. I stayed there because of Rick Steves and was disappointed. There is very little to do or eat. And the barn on the path smelled so bad I couldn't believe it.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 6:16 AM

I love this place,we've stayed in the Hostel and at this campsite,oh those mountains.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 8:25 AM

Nice job! But you don't want to say you tried paragliding, eh?? Fully agree with you on Gimmelwald - too small and isolated for staying there.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Excellent info and pics. Was in this area many years ago on a school trip, brings back memories. An expensive destination, I think, even with the mororhome.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 11:11 PM

I have been to Lauterbrunnen a long time ago. Your page, with excellent photos, remind me of that visit and of the Trümmelbach-falls, and else. Very interesting tips about the passes.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 12:09 PM

Trotz des schlechten Wetters sind Dir gute Bilder gelungen!

globetrott Used To Live Here!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?