Meiringen Off The Beaten Path Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Meiringen Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 8 photos
Ballenberg - 10 km west of Meiringen
Ballenberg is a great open-air-museum 10 km west of Meiringen. Plenty of houses of all over Switzerland had been rebuilt there.
It was amazing for me to see the differences in style and details and all of the 90 farmhouses still have cows, pigs, horses, geese etc. as well and during the day most of the buildings are open for the visitors and you may watch the employees of the Ballenberg-museum-village, when they work on the farms like in the old times, when they were producing their own baskets, made wood-carvings, weaving, spinning the wool, baking bread or making cheese etc. There is also a blacksmith you may watch, or you may have a meal in one of the various traditional inns.
From Brienz train-station there is a bus to Ballenberg. Walking-time from the station is about 25 minutes. When you arrive by car : follow the sign-posts at the east-end of Brienz !
daily between May and October : 10.00a.m.-05.00p.m
besides that time you may walk around on your own without entrance-fee !!
the entrance-fee is 16 sfr / 10 Euros !
There is a really large parking at the entrance - free of charge !!
and also several lockers for small luggage !
...and psst : this quiet parking is perfect for motorhomes at night !! :-))
Other Contact: %B%CB%S4Fax+41(0)33 952 10 39
Phone: +41(0)33 952 10 30
More Reviews (21)
- See All a great ticket for most of the...
- See All lots of activities for...
- See All dining and solving a murder-mystery
globetrott's Related Pages
Meiringen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sherlock Holmes never lived, BUT died in Meiringen"
- "Welcome to Meiringen"
- "Meiringen - Sherlock Holmes Town"
- "Meiringen the starting point for many trips"
- "Meiringen and Reichenbachfalle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Meiringen
- Hotels in Meiringen
- Transportation in Meiringen
- Restaurants in Meiringen
- Shopping in Meiringen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Witham Hotels
- Hällevadsholm Hotels
- Carrick on Shannon Hotels
- Ballywilliam Hotels
- Kilmore Quay
- San Rafael
- Cadaqués Off The Beaten Path
- Cherkasy Off The Beaten Path
- Grafton Off The Beaten Path
- Kanab Off The Beaten Path
- the Roman Aqueduct
- Sanya Off The Beaten Path
- Kuala Lumpur Off The Beaten Path
- Parks / Lakes
- Nelson Off The Beaten Path
- Dumaguete City Off The Beaten Path
- Province of Negros Oriental Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Meiringen
- 22 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Meiringen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meiringen
- Posted in Travel Genoa Forum "Re: Visiting Genoa for a few..."
- Commented on one of yumyum's Meiringen travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "a great ticket for most of the mountain-trains"
- Wrote a Review a great ticket for most of the mountain-trains in Meiringen Transportation
- updated a Meiringen Travel Page "Sherlock Holmes never lived, BUT died in Meiringen"
Photos in MeiringenSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues