"a great village & castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Spiez by globetrott
Spiez Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 149 photos
Spiez is a lovely village at Thunersee. In Spiez you may see a very interesting palace next to a famous romanic chapel, that is a quite popular church for weddings in Switzerland. Don't miss to see the palace of Spiez also from inside, it is beautifully furnished and from the tower you will have an excellent view over the lake and the surrounding mountains. Next to the palace wine is grown and Spiez is also a popular place to go for a vacation, with plenty of great hotels by the lake, but it is a lot more quiet than Interlaken. Visiting the palace of Spiez is easiest, when you arrive by ship, because the train-station is in a distance of 1500 meters from the palace.
Good news for all VT-ers : Photography is NO problem at all inside the palace !!
Johann II von Bubenberg bought the castle in 1338 including the villages of Spiez; Faulensee, Hondrich, Spiezwieler and... more travel advice
You may visit the park of Schloss Spiez all year long, but the museum in the interior is open for the visitors only... more travel advice
globetrott's Related Pages
Spiez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great village & castle"
- "Nächste halt, Spiez."
- "Spiez - historical jewel on Thun's lake"
- "Changing trains in Spiez"
- "Picture perfect Spiez"
- "a long time back in my childhood"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spiez
- Hotels in Spiez
- Transportation in Spiez
- Restaurants in Spiez
- Warnings and Dangers in Spiez
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Spiez
- 21 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (292)
Have you been to Spiez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spiez
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Travelling around Scotland /..."
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Spiez travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Johann II von Bubenberg bought the castle in 1338"
- updated a Spiez Travel Page "a great village & castle"
- Wrote a Review Johann II von Bubenberg bought the castle in 1338 in Spiez Off The Beaten Path
Photos in SpiezSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (345)
Latest Spiez hotel reviews
- Seegarten Hotel Marina
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013