"a great village & castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Spiez by globetrott
Spiez Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 157 photos
Spiez is a lovely village at Thunersee. In Spiez you may see a very interesting palace next to a famous romanic chapel, that is a quite popular church for weddings in Switzerland. Don't miss to see the palace of Spiez also from inside, it is beautifully furnished and from the tower you will have an excellent view over the lake and the surrounding mountains. Next to the palace wine is grown and Spiez is also a popular place to go for a vacation, with plenty of great hotels by the lake, but it is a lot more quiet than Interlaken. Visiting the palace of Spiez is easiest, when you arrive by ship, because the train-station is in a distance of 1500 meters from the palace.
Good news for all VT-ers : Photography is NO problem at all inside the palace !!
Johann II von Bubenberg bought the castle in 1338 including the villages of Spiez; Faulensee, Hondrich, Spiezwieler and... more travel advice
You may visit the park of Schloss Spiez all year long, but the museum in the interior is open for the visitors only... more travel advice
globetrott's Related Pages
Spiez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great village & castle"
- "Nächste halt, Spiez."
- "Spiez - historical jewel on Thun's lake"
- "Changing trains in Spiez"
- "Picture perfect Spiez"
- "Welcome to Spiez"
- "a long time back in my childhood"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spiez
- Hotels in Spiez
- Transportation in Spiez
- Restaurants in Spiez
- Warnings and Dangers in Spiez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Spiez
- 21 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (466)
Have you been to Spiez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spiez
- Posted in Travel Zürich Forum "Re: Swiss Travel Pass"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Spiez travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Johann II von Bubenberg bought the castle in 1338"
- updated a Spiez Travel Page "a great village & castle"
- Wrote a Review Johann II von Bubenberg bought the castle in 1338 in Spiez Off The Beaten Path
Photos in SpiezSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues