"One of the highlights of the "Golden Ring"" Top 5 Page for this destination Sergiyev Posad by globetrott

Sergiyev Posad Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 457 photos

Sergiyev Posad is a wonderful day-excursion from Moscow

• Last visit to Sergiyev Posad: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2010

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Fabulous page you built here! I didn't know Boris Godunow was buried in this monastery - wow, a *must* for me as an opera fan ;-)

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM

when next time in Moscow I shall spend some time for the Golden Ring.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Excellent page, as always. I'll be back on Monday only to watch a company at the 5-top list on Sergiyev Posad destination, haha! Pity Sonja hasn't joined us yet. Yes, travelling with a local friend by electrichka is a local custom.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 5:21 AM

So this is where Boris Godunov is buried! I always have the feeling that I "know" his children Xenia and Feodor because I know the singers who sang those roles in Mussorgsky's opera here in Frankfurt.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Michael, fabulous page about Sergiyev Posad, which I visited in a daytrip from Moscow by Elektrishka. This gave me the chance to see a bit more of the twon than only the monastery, but I missed the Chapel of the Pyatnitsky Well.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2010 at 4:37 AM

interesting trip for the day trip from Moscow indeed. it seems it is time to visit the town again for me :-))

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Sergiyev Posad

Have you been to Sergiyev Posad?