Tierra del Fuego Restaurant Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Tierra del Fuego Restaurants: 5 reviews and 16 photos
This is a great hotel, camping and restaurant east of Ushuaia and situated directely along the Panamericana Highway, it will be open summer and winter. The owner speaks very good english and was very helpful. There is a large carpark and a great, sunny terrace, but we prefered to sit inside the cosy restaurant that has some really great decorations !
Favorite Dish: We had a large platter of meat for 2 persons, see it in my main photo, showing my hungry brother Bernie, who cant wait to start.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Haruwen is directely on the Panamericana, at Km 3022 , thats about 40 min to drive from Ushuaia.
When taking the fullday-tour by Catamaran from Ushuaia to Estancia Haberton a it really makes sense to order your lunch onboard so you will have enough time afterwards to explore Haberton on your own a bit after the guided tour. We had just about 35 minutes of free sparetime after the guided tour and I was glad to be able to walk to the whalebone-museum and take a look at least at the exhibits outside of it.
Favorite Dish: You will not be able to find a large menu, but you are able to get the 3-course-lunch of the day : a great soup,meat and rice and some salad and for desert you could choose between fruit-salad, icecream and a cake.
We payed 30 ARG $ for the lunch, that is about 7,50 euros, that is not bad at all and it was good ! Drinks are seperate, also for ordinary prices,and my brother Bernie highly recommends to taste the Cape Horn Beer !
Comparison: about average
Directions: This is onboard of the catamaran that is leaving 2 times each week for a fulldaytour from Ushuaia to Haberton.
Haberton restaurant & a great view
In the main farmbuilding of Estancia Haberton there is a nice cafe and restaurant and the large windows of it are facing the ship-landstation and the lovely english garden. We had our lunch there, when we came by car and we were really glad to find a restaurant there at all.
Favorite Dish: We had "Haberton Soup" - a big bowl of meat- and vegetable-soup and then "the dish of the day", that tasted and looked very much like the soup, but had some rice with it as well and for desert we had "the famous Haberton chocolate-cake".
Everything was really delicious and served by some nice students, (b.t.w. the same students who also make the guided tours). They told us that this is their student-job for the summer and all of them were really excellent in english.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: This restaurant and cafe is inside the main building of Estancia Haberton, that you will see behind the whale-bone-entrance, when arriving by ship.
More Reviews (41)
- See All the old cargo-ship in Ushuaia
- See All The N3 - The Panamericana Highway
- See All dont walk over the old, rusty Rio Grande...
- See All Rio Grande : this is what they call a...
- a great supermarket in Rio Grande
globetrott's Related Pages
Tierra del Fuego Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tierra del Fuego / Fireland / Feuerland !"
- "Backpacking at End of the Earth"
- "Sharrie's Tierra del Fuego Red-Carpet"
- "Deep South"
- "Rounding Cape Horn - East to West"
- "The most southern world... Le Grand Sud..."
- "Tierra del Fuego"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tierra del Fuego
- Hotels in Tierra del Fuego
- Transportation in Tierra del Fuego
- Nightlife in Tierra del Fuego
- Restaurants in Tierra del Fuego
- Shopping in Tierra del Fuego
- Warnings and Dangers in Tierra del Fuego
- See All...
Explore the World
- South Sulawesi Province
- South Mission Beach Hotels
- Little Dent Island Hotels
- La Mauricie National Park Hotels
- Marbella Hotels
- Tinh Binh Dinh
Badges & Stats in Tierra del Fuego
- 162 Reviews
- 743 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (207)
Have you been to Tierra del Fuego?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tierra del Fuego
- Posted in Travel Hallstatt Forum "Re: Bad weather?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ushuaia : the old prison & Maritime Museum"
- Wrote a Review the old cargo-ship in Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego Things to Do
- updated a Tierra del Fuego Travel Page "Tierra del Fuego / Fireland / Feuerland !"
- Commented on one of Sharrie's Tierra del Fuego travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues