Rabat Off The Beaten Path Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Rabat Off The Beaten Path: 9 reviews and 27 photos
St. Paul's church in Rabat was built on top of the grotto, where the holy apostle Paulus was able to heal a lot of local people from various illnesses, according to the old ledgends. The church itself might also be worth to take a look inside for some interesting frescoes and great decorations.
Pope John Paul II also came to this church and Grotto in order to pray, when he visited Malta.
St.Paul's Grotto in Rabat / Malta
The aviation-museum inTa'Qali / Malta
The aviation-museum of Ta'Qali is in a distance of about 30-40 min to walk from Rabat and Mdina and I think it is really worth it ! The hop-on bus goes there before they take you to Rabat,but there will be a public bus there as well.
The entrancefee was 5 euros and I saw some really interesting exhibits there ! At the moment (Nov.2010) they are building a new hall that should be finished in 2011 maybe.
More Reviews (16)
- Electricity-plugs in Malta
- See All Mdina - the old walled capital of Malta
- See All Take the local bus to Rabat & Mdina
globetrott's Related Pages
Rabat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Roman Villa & some great catacombes"
- "Rabat - A village with loads of mystery & cultural"
- "Rabat - Catacomb City"
- "Rabat, the Neighbour of Mdina"
- "Rabat, next door to Mdina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rabat
- Hotels in Rabat
- Transportation in Rabat
- Nightlife in Rabat
- Restaurants in Rabat
- Shopping in Rabat
- Warnings and Dangers in Rabat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rabat
- 19 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (293)
Have you been to Rabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rabat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues