Brno Shopping Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Brno Shopping: 7 reviews and 10 photos
Excalibur City is a shopping-centre & Designer-outlet at the Austrian border and it might be a good idea to go there on your way to Austria.
Once upon a time there was a clever Austrian, who had the brilliant idea to build a duty-free-shopping-centre inside the wide stripe of land between Austria and Czechia, that was once used for the watchtowers and the death-zone at the communiste border ....
...all of a sudden nowbody knew what to do with the area, except Mr. Seunig, a clever young man from Austria who became Multimillionaire within a few years...
And you may easily see he is a big fan of phantasy, dragons, gargoyles, mystery things etc.
Everything including several restaurants, lots of shops, factory outlets etc. is OPEN 24 hours a day !!
What to buy: ONLY 25 CIGARETTES per person are allowed to be bought and taken into Austria !!!!
for spirits, wine and champagne there are almost NO restrictions.
all other goods are not restricted at all
What to pay: Times of DUTY-FREE are over due to the EU-regulations, BUT you still may buy spirits in 1 litre bottles for the same price or maybe a bit less than you pay for 0,7 litres in Austria and the other old EU-countries.
Directions: Excalibur city is south of Znaijmo, in Kleinhaugsdorf, on the main road to Vienna
More Reviews (90)
- See All Roznov pod Radhostem - the mill-valley
- See All Trebic - 50 km west of Brno / Brünn
- See All Public transportation is great in Brno /...
- 3-5 hours to drive to the east but worth...
- Be careful when meeting gypsies
globetrott's Related Pages
Brno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brno / Brünn - Art Nouveau & strange tombs"
- "Brno - An Expat's View"
- "My fantastic student's life..."
- "J'adore Brno !"
- "Brno (pronounce as Brno, not Berno ;)"
- "Brno - Moravia"
- "A great second city."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brno
- Hotels in Brno
- Transportation in Brno
- Nightlife in Brno
- Restaurants in Brno
- Shopping in Brno
- Warnings and Dangers in Brno
- See All...
Explore the World
- Castletown Bearhaven Hotels
- Ørje Hotels
- Diego Garcia
- Negeri Melaka Hotels
- Kesbewa Hotels
- Lop Buri
Badges & Stats in Brno
- 91 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (296)
Have you been to Brno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brno
- Posted in Travel Tajikistan Forum "Re: Traveling alone?"
- updated a Brno Travel Page "Brno / Brünn - Art Nouveau & strange tombs"
- Commented on one of Nadia7's Brno travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Telc - 90 km west of Brno / Brünn"
- Wrote a Review Roznov pod Radhostem - the mill-valley in Brno Things to Do
Photos in BrnoSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (345)
Latest Brno hotel reviews
- Grandhotel Brno
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Bobycentrum Hotel Brno
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2012
- Hotel Voronez
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Global
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- Best Western International Hotel Brno
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hotel Pod Spilberkem
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013
- Hotel Kozak
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 27, 2013
- Hotel Atlantis
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- Hotel Avion
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Hostel Fleda Brno
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Slavia
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Hotel Royal Ricc
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Spielberg Castle (Hrad Spilberk)- 21 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Churches- 27 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Old Town Hall (Stara Radnice)- 17 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Freedom Square- 9 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Museums- 8 Reviews, 11 Photos
- General interest- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Markets- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Mahenovo Theatre- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Capuchin´s crypt- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Brno Lake.- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Brno Things to Do