"Brno / Brünn - Art Nouveau & strange tombs" Top 5 Page for this destination Brno by globetrott

Brno Travel Guide: 468 reviews and 1,027 photos

Brno/Brünn is the birthplace of my father.
I have been there once with him in the communiste times and returned again many times in recent years.

• Last visit to Brno: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2011

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Thank you for lovely virtual tour! I was here in May 2007 as a student up to 3 days but before I knew about VT. Sadly, without camera too, so I think I need the revisit city soon.

• Aug 10, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Starobrnenska 7, Brno. My grandfather built the building occupying a flat at the top. The staircase of granite, was designed to help one climb, and control the descent, by subtle spacing and angling of the treads. Try it next time you are there. H. G.

• coccinella169's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 3:59 AM

Deine Tips waren hilfreich :)! Die Kapuzinergruft ist wirklich hochinteressant, wenn auch ziemlich unheimlich :)!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 10:39 AM

I love Art Nouveau buildings! Just beautiful! Have a great weekend, Michael!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 2:49 PM

i really thought alot of Brno and I agree with many of your opinions. Especially about the cathedral. I liked that castle and thought that it was underrated as an attraction.

• Minstrelette's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2006 at 2:18 PM

I am overwhelmed by your pages, but I thank you for so many wonderful tips for Brno (I plan to go there in November). How do you have time to do all this on VT?

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 4:52 AM

A splendid page on an historic city. Great tips and beautiful photos of Brno.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2004 at 11:28 PM

I have to say if the town of Brno didn't pay me, I would have done the same as Master Pilgram! Great tips about your Father's geburtsort! I'll be sure to watch out for the gypsies!

• Antji's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 7:00 AM

like your photographic style - fantastic pics!! brno must be really a great town. I was there to communiste time, but I can´t remember because I was a child...

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 12:20 AM

a schene Seite von Brinn. The house fo my family (expropriated and expelled due to the Benes decrees) is on Roubalova 34, only one block up from Lerchgasse/Lerchova. Brünn has nice functionalist (Bauhaus etc.) buildings (between WW 1 and 2)

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Brno