"more than a smelly cheese !!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc by globetrott

Olomouc Travel Guide: 328 reviews and 1,156 photos

Olomouc is a town of about 100.000 inhabitants in the east of the Czech Republic, far away from the ordinary tourist-streams, but still worth a visit.

Olomouc-cheese / Olmützer Käse is a very special cheese, you can get it all over the Czech Republik, but of course you have to taste it, when in Olomouc !

• Last visit to Olomouc: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2007

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM

You did a wonderful job. your photos of Olomouc are super!A place I had to see, quite a surprise that a place having so much to offer is so far off the tourist track.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Great tips about this town - it looks like a really nice place to visit! I plan to do a trip to Czech Republic next year and there is so much to see that I find it very hard to choose where to go!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 3:52 AM

Wonderful page about a wonderful place. I am planning to visit this part of the Czech Rep. in June.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Michael, what an amazing place Olomouc is, but what really blew me away was the Holy Trinity Plague Column!! Wow, I've never seen a monument this ornate before. I guess when you survive the Plague, you are very thankful !!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Quite unexpectedly wonderful city Olomouc has appeared at your page! Czech Republic is in my close wish list, I mark this place a possible sight to visit. Thanks Michael for the virtual tour!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Hi Michael! Great new tips here with superb detailed info & photos, another one of your pages that I enjoyed reading :-) Ich sehe Du bist auch fleissig in der "Deals" Abteilung! Viele Gruesse aus der Wueste / Jess

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Michael, every new page of yours that I read reminds me of why you are the highest rated VT member. No one else has such an eye for architectural detail or such wonderful photos to illustrate them :))

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 10:31 AM

Excellent page of one of my favourite Czech towns! I've been there in 2004.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Michael, very interesting page about this Czech gem. It looks like you had lovely weather for taking photos. I really need to explore more of the Czech Republic. :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Olomouc looks & sounds wonderful with its palaces, tower, monastery, Cathedral, Byzantine-style Church, the Chapel of St. John & the fountains. Love photos of Arion and Caesar fountains. Super job.

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Olomouc

Have you been to Olomouc?