"Bones galore" Top 5 Page for this destination Sedlec (Bone Church) by globetrott

Sedlec (Bone Church) Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 181 photos

Sedlec is a great place close to Kutna Hora and a place for the serious bone-fetishist...

• Intro Updated Jan 7, 2015

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2015 at 4:40 AM

Michael, thanks for your splendid presentation of the place well worth visiting!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM

A very unusual church. But something prevents me to visit it... Don't think that bones may be used in such a way...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
      Feb 27, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Thanks a lot Sergey, I agree that it is quite unusual and also quite unfair against those people !

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Michael, interesting page about the bone church here. I once made it to Kutna Hora on a day trip by train from Pargue, but I missed to visit Sedlec.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
      Feb 10, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Sedlec is really worth a detour for this very special bonechurch !

• BeaK9's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Also das muss ich mir unbedingt mal selber an Ort und Stelle ansehen, wenn ich mal wieder in Prag zu tun habe !

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I loved your descriptions, you were lucky to go back a second time. The tour i was on was a bit rushed so i didn't get to see kutna hora itself very well. I have to agree how the bone church makes art of this whole thing, but in so many places there is this odd sense of humor--in the autograph, the angels. Fascinating place

• rita_simoes's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Thanks for dropping by my Évora page and for letting me know about this chapel! It seems very interesting, although I think Évora's is creepier : )

• coccinella169's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Na das sieht ja gruselig aus...und erinnert mich an meinen Besuch in der Kapuziner-Krypta in Rom- wußte gar nicht das es diese schaurigen Kreationen woanders auch noch gibt :)

• namidub's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 11:17 PM

amazing coverage and photos! cant wait to set my foot there!

• dvoretzky's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 7:58 PM

Vlassky should rather be translated as "Wallachian"...

• maple_air's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 3:07 AM

arghh! i missed this when i went to Prague. Was hoping to visit this but somehow we got totally taken by Prague itself. Guess, will put this on top of my list on my next visit

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Sedlec (Bone Church)

Have you been to Sedlec (Bone Church)?

Latest Activity in Sedlec (Bone Church)

Photos in Sedlec (Bone Church)