Rothenburg ob der Tauber Shopping Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Shopping: 25 reviews and 38 photos
buy an iron shirt...
This shop in Herrengasse 12 was the best one that I saw in Rothenburg, where you may buy an iron armoury. B.t.w. the one on my picture is 1290 Euros, and I am not even sure that this is a confortable one...
09.00a.m.-12.00noon + 02.00p.m.-06.00p.m.
Saturday 09.00a.m. - 04.00p.m.
and even on sunday : 11.00a.m. - 04.00p.m.
What to buy: They have quite a good choice of iron amouries, similar shop I saw so far only in Prague.
What to pay: 1290 Euros for the big iron armouy on my picture.
Address: Herrengasse 12
Directions: Herrengasse 12 - this is just opposite of Hotel Eisenhut
Terracotta Replicas of Rothenburg-houses
Plenty of shops all over Rothenburg offer such buildings and , because so many tourists from Japan and USA will come to Rothenburg, you may also get your purchase sent home by mail.
What to buy: When you click on my picture, you may see a big choice of small replicas of the famous buildings of Rothenburg ob der Tauber . Most of these houses may be lighted from inside and make a great decoration at home.
What to pay: The price depends of course on the size and I saw nice ones alraedy for around 40 Euros.
Address: D-91541 Rothenburg/Untere Schmiedgasse
Directions: I saw this shop in Untere Schmiedgasse, opposite of Konditorei Striffler.
Theme: Toys and Games
Schneeballen - a traditional desert in Rothenburg
Konditorei Striffler was the 1st bakery in Rothenburg, that started to produce these cakes back in the year 1925. Snowballs are still produced freshly every day there. BUT be careful, before buying a large number of them, they are really hard and need some tricks to be eaten. I had one with just cinnemon and sugar, and it was quite hard work to break out smaller parts, I could eat. Those snowballs, covered with chocolate will get you terribly sticky fingers...
What to buy: Schneeballen (Snowballs) are a traditional desert of the area and you may see them in almost any Konditorei / Confectionery in Rothenburg ob der Tauber . The principal of such a snowball are wide stripes of a special - quite hard dough consisting of plenty of eggs, cream and plum-brandy - and many of such stripes will be gathered in the shape of a snowball before baking them. Click on my link below and learn more about it on the webpage of that Konditorei Striffler, you may even order Schneeballen there online...
What to pay: Schneeballen are about 1,80 Euro each for the size on my picture
Address: D-91541 Rothenburg Untere Schmiedgasse 1
Directions: Untere Schmiedgasse is in a distance of 200 meters from Marktplatz, when you walk to Siebersturm (the towngate you may see on almost every postcard) See also the map on the webpage of Konditorei Stiffler !
Other Contact: %B%CB%S4Fax +49 (0)9861-6733
Phone: +49 (0)9861-6788
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (65)
- See All Marien-Apotheke & the great fountain of...
- See All transportation of prisoners in the old...
- See All Zauberfloete performed by Marionettes
- See All a hotel with a nice garden around it
- See All Be careful, when parking on...
- See All Spitalskirche and Spitalstor
- See All a great Weinstube next to Burgtor
- See All Parking your car is no problem in...
- See All OB der Tauber - what an expression ??
Been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most romantic towns in Europe"
- "Up the Romantic Road to Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber.."
- ""Most German of German towns""
- "DIE ROMANTISCHE STRASSE"
- "TOURIST'S LOVE ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER!"
- "Not touched since 1600, re-virginized"
- "Romantic Rothenburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Hotels in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Transportation in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Nightlife in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Restaurants in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Shopping in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Warnings and Dangers in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- 68 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (457)
Have you been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: River cruises"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Rothenburg ob der Tauber travel pages
- updated a Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Page "One of the most romantic towns in Europe"
- Uploaded a Photo to "inside St. Wolfgang church"
- Wrote a Review Marien-Apotheke & the great fountain of St.Georg in Rothenburg ob der Tauber Things to Do
Photos in Rothenburg ob der TauberSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues