"One of the most romantic towns in Europe" Top 5 Page for this destination Rothenburg ob der Tauber by globetrott

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide: 601 reviews and 1,864 photos

Rothenburg ob der Tauber is one of the most beautiful and romantic villages in Europe and one of the few towns that is still completely surrounded by the medieval town-walls...

• Intro Updated Jan 30, 2012

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 5:44 PM

I also made it to this point and saw the great view. Well worth the effort to reach this point. Rothenburg is my favorite German city!!!

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 7:29 AM

Wow, this takes me back. My husband & I were in Germany last October. It was my 3rd trip & his 1st to Germany. He was working there & a one day trip to this little town was about all the sight-seeing he got to do. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Wow, after seeing your photos I realize I missed going inside the buildings and churches.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 8:29 AM

How could I skip this beautiful town passing it by? Now I know that this purl of Romantishe Strasse would be in my wish Bavarian list. But not this year: SV BSZS will be held in Braunshweig - too far. Thanks a lot Michael - great job as usual!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Fabulous town and page! I'd love to go there one day! And I think I would even try the tower :))

• paulapes's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Great pages, Michael--very interesting things especially at the Mittelalterliches Kriminalmuseum! :-)

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Very good info! I liked very much your page. Thanks.

• tuff's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2005 at 11:29 AM

Thanks for all the wonderful information on Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Nicely done.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 12:49 PM

I love your page! Thanks for the many fabulous tips. I would love to see the Zauberfloete with marionettes!

• robertop's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Hallo Michael. Suche schon laengst eine Seite ueber das zauberhafte Rothenburg ob der Tauber ,bei Dir habe ich sie endlich gefunden.War dort vor Jahren,es ist eine der eindruckvollsten Staedte Europas ueberhaupt ! Gruesse aus Bukarest Adrian

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Have you been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber?