Graz Tourist Trap Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Graz Tourist Traps: 2 reviews and 6 photos
the golden eagle on top of the Mausoleum
You are able to step up the tower of the Mausoleum, but when you have reached the very top of the tower, you will realize it was not really worth all of the effort.
All that you will see besides a few ordinary house-roofs is the golden eagle on top of another tower of the Mausoleum. Spend some time INSIDE the Mausoleum instead, it is full of great works of art and lovely details !
Unique Suggestions: In summer 2005 there were even construction-works going on at the very top of the tower and getting to the windows was almost impossible...
In case that you intend to step up the tower anyway, you better check at the ticket-box, whether the construction-works are finished already !!
Fun Alternatives: Take the lift or the Schlossbergbahn in order to have a much better panorama-view of Graz from the Schlossberg, most probably you will go there anyway in order to see the remains of the fortifications, the old Uhrturm and the great park around of it !!
More Reviews (49)
- See All Grazer Kunsthaus - a "friendly Alien"
- See All Schloss Eggenberg
- See All A. Schwarzenegger's favorite Icecream...
- See All Grazer Schlossberg-Grottenbahn
- Panthertazen, Sissi-Busserl &...
- a scene of the victory over the turques...
- See All open-air-museum Stübing - 18km north of...
- See All take a walk - all places of interest are...
- See All a hotel, conveniently located at the...
Been to Graz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Graz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Graz & A.Schwarzenegger's favorite Icecream"
- "Graz - World Heritage and Cultural Capital"
- "Graz: 2003 European Cultural Capital and More"
- "Graz - one & only! :)"
- "Arnie's Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Graz
- Hotels in Graz
- Transportation in Graz
- Nightlife in Graz
- Restaurants in Graz
- Shopping in Graz
- Warnings and Dangers in Graz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Graz
- 50 Reviews
- 230 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (292)
Have you been to Graz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Graz
Photos in GrazSee All Photos (230)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (347)
- Schlossberg- 56 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Mur River- 19 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Churches- 15 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Kunsthaus- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Grazer Burg- 5 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Landhaus- 14 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Hauptplatz- 12 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Schloss Eggenberg- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Sporgasse- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Cathedral- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
See All Graz Things to Do