Heiligenblut Off The Beaten Path Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Heiligenblut Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 15 photos
Wildpark Ferleiten is a small zoo at the large parking, before you enter Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse from the northern side in Fusch an der Glocknerstrasse. There you are in a hight of 1145m above sea-level already and may see more than 200 animals of the area like bears, woolfs, ibex, marmots and many more.
There is a restaurant and hotel at this place as well
between may and october
the entrance-fee is 5,50 euros / children 3,- euros
a large playground for children is free of charge !
Other Contact: %B%CB%S4Fax: +43 (0)6546/220 4
Phone: +43 (0)6546/220
VÖTTERS FAHRZEUGMUSEUM in Kaprun is a great museum of vintage cars and most of the exhibits that you can see there are the small cars of the ordinary people of the time after WW II
A-5710 Kaprun - Schloßstraße 474/621
is open daily except saturday !!!
from 11.00 a.m. till 06.00p.m.
the entrance-fee is 6 euros
Other Contact: Fax: 06547 / 7134-50
Phone: 06547 / 7134-0
Heiligenblut is the first village you will get to, when driving over the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse and going to the south, to Kaernten. After the crusades some drops of the holy blood of Jesus were taken to Heiligenblut according to the ledgends, so this is where the name comes from.
A long time before that alpine road was built a mountain-path existed for merchants and other travellers to get across that mountain-massiv. Heiligenblut used to be the last point to fill up provisions before they started, so this place is well known and important for a long time already.
Dont miss to take a look into the pilgrim-church of Heiligenblut and to take a walk through the village with many old houses.
see Zell am See in a big distance
Take a look back to Zell am See, when you are on Edelweiss-Spitze ! On a clear day you may see the scenic Zellersee, beautifully surrounded by high mountains.
More Reviews (26)
- See All Fuscher Lacke
- See All leave your fashion-shoes at home
- See All for a great view
- See All watch the murmots & use them for your...
globetrott's Related Pages
Heiligenblut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse"
- "Und wenn der Schnee staubt..."
- "At the south end of the Grossglockner"
- "SKI till you drop"
- "Historical Großglocknerstraße"
- "Grossglockner High Alpine Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heiligenblut
- Hotels in Heiligenblut
- Transportation in Heiligenblut
- Restaurants in Heiligenblut
- Warnings and Dangers in Heiligenblut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heiligenblut
- 30 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (457)
Have you been to Heiligenblut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heiligenblut
Photos in HeiligenblutSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues