"Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse" Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut by globetrott

Heiligenblut Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 95 photos

This page is mainly about Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse, a toll-road taking you close to Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria

• Last visit to Heiligenblut: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2009

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Grossglockner - the highest mountain in Austria - definitely looks so scenic and looks like a very ncie drive...excellent pics...that's interesting to rent a small hut - I never have done that...lol on fashion shoes sign!Norman :)

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Wonderful page Mike. I really enjoyed your photos of the mountains. Zell am See was a great place to visit for me.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2007 at 2:58 PM

I should have brought some of the mermot cream home for my poor knees!. Love the scenery, beautiful place to visit

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 8:17 AM

Hi michael, great tips and photos of grossglockner! My wife and I really enjoyed our recent trip there :)

• RusskiPower's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 2:04 AM

How about this one: is it actually possible to drive here on a car with a large caravan in tag? I can't seem to get any intelligible answer from the people who own the road, so you are my only hope now. :o)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 8:03 AM

"What may be better than mountains? Only other mountains!" That was a song of Vladimir Vysotsky who've called me to the Caucasus and have made me love mountains forever! Austrian Alps look very attractive as well. Great job, Michael!

• coccinella169's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Ja der Großglockner ist auch in den warmen Monaten eine Reise wert :)! Im März war die Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße leider noch gesperrt. Übernachtung in der Edelweisshuette klingt gut - werde ich für meinen nächsten Besuch ins Auge fassen!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Awesome photos of this fabulous area. About 25 years ago I crossed the Grossglockner with my parents. Unfortuntaly, I don't remember much. Lovely page. :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Excellent page! I really like those winding moutain roads and marmots!

• Jul 10, 2007 at 3:16 AM

nice mounty area with the highest point of Austria. I am not driver but to pay for the road with free entrance to the campings and museums along the road sounds good for me :-)

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Heiligenblut

Have you been to Heiligenblut?

Latest Activity in Heiligenblut