Innsbruck Nightlife Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Innsbruck Nightlife: 55 reviews and 53 photos
herzog Friedrichstrasse & the Goldenes Dachl
Take a walk at night in the very centre of the Old town of Innsbruck : All the places of interest are beautifully lighted and at some of them you may even see the fine details of the facades more easily at night, when the electric light shines directely there, while during the day the sunshine will never get there between the high houses in the centre.
Another great experience are the medieval arcades, that look still the same like hundreds of years ago, with nice restaurant-gardens.
Address: A-6020 Innsbruck / Herzog Friedrichstrasse
Directions: This picture was taken in Herzog Friedrichstrasse - you may even see "Goldenes Dachl" in the back, when you click on my picture !
Limmerick Bill's Irish Pub
Limmerick Bill's Irish Pub is a nice Irish-pub on Maria Theresienstrasse nr.9 , just about at the rarther end, opposite of the Spitalskirche. I often used to go there, while I was working in Innsbruck and it was always great fun there.
Dress Code: Irish Pubs do never care a lot for a special dresscode, they rather care a lot for a "fun-code"
Address: A-6020 Innsbruck /Maria Theresienstrasse 9
Directions: Go the the very end of Maria Theresienstrasse , close to Burggraben, the Irish pub is opposite of the Spitalskirche.
2 knights in iron-armours are watching you
When taking a night-stroll through Innsbruck, you should also pass by this building in Maria Theresienstrasse Nr. 16, where 2 knights in iron-armours are watching you from above. They are shown in a bay-window on 1st floor and it is best to take a picture of them during the night, when they are perfectely lighted.
You could also walk inside the building that has an interesting inscription outside :
"ALT INSPRUGG" and the year 1577
Address: A-6020 Innsbruck / Maria Theresienstr. 16
Directions: This lovely building with the 2 knights in Iron armours is on Maria Theresienstrasse, opposite of Anna-Säule.
the Triumpf-Pforte at night
Take a night-stroll through Innsbruck, because all important sights are beautifully lighted all night and some of the lovely details in the facade you may see and take pics of best during the night. The Triumph-Pforte might be the first stop of such a night-stroll, when you arrive by train or stay in the Hilton Hotel.
Be careful, when walking through that gate, the arches are still used to drive through by some cars and bikes.
Do not forget to take a closer look also at the art-nouveau-building (Winklerhaus - see my tip under Off the beathen path) next to the Gate - is is not shown on my picture, but its facade looks great also at night !
Dress Code: "Dresscodes" like in the USA are normally not existing in Austria.
Address: A-6020 Innsbruck / Maria Theresienstrasse
Directions: The Triumphbogen / Triumpf-Pforte is at the beginning of Maria Theresienstrasse.
the Casino in Innsbruck
Casino Austria has a rather new casino in the very centre of Innsbruck, next to the Hilton Hotel and only 100 meters from the Triumphpforte.
They offer Roulette, Black Jack and lots of slotmachines, where you may also win a precious Austria-wide jackpot (when you are lucky)
Dress Code: Casinos Austria does not ask you for any formal dresses, But decent clothings. get there like you would dress, when you make a visit at good friends.
Address: A-6020 Innsbruck / Salurner Strasse 15
Directions: The Casino is next to the Hilton Hotel and Triumpfbogen, and about 5 minutes to walk from Hauptbahnhof.
Phone: +43/512/58 70 40-0
More Reviews (42)
- See All Motorhomes >3,5 tons need a GO-box
- See All another lovely facade in Hofgasse
- See All The Gumpp-house in the centre of...
globetrott's Related Pages
Innsbruck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Innsbruck is a lot more than just a golden roof"
- "The Beautiful town of Innsbruck"
- "Innsbruck - the capital city of Tirol"
- "Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)"
- "INNSBRUCK A NICE CITY AT ALPS!"
- "Innsbruck a wonderful place in the middle of Tirol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Innsbruck
- Hotels in Innsbruck
- Transportation in Innsbruck
- Nightlife in Innsbruck
- Restaurants in Innsbruck
- Shopping in Innsbruck
- Warnings and Dangers in Innsbruck
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Innsbruck
- 47 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Innsbruck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Innsbruck
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: From St. Petersburg city..."
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Innsbruck travel pages
- updated a Innsbruck Travel Page "Innsbruck is a lot more than just a golden roof"
- Wrote a Review Innsbruck at night in Innsbruck Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Innsbruck at night"
Photos in InnsbruckSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (348)
- Swarovski Crystal- 15 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Old Town- 35 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Maria Theresien Strasse- 26 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Schloss Ambras- 31 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Stadtturm (City Tower)- 26 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Goldenes Dachl- 53 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Nordkette- 7 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Hofburg- 23 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Helblinghaus- 19 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Bergisel- 32 Reviews, 30 Photos
See All Innsbruck Things to Do