"Innsbruck is a lot more than just a golden roof" Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck by globetrott

Innsbruck Travel Guide: 1,139 reviews and 2,564 photos

In 1979 I was working in Innsbruck for 5 months at the reception of the hotel Holiday Inn (it is the Hilton of today)
In may 2005 I came back in order to take the pics you may see on this page.

• Intro Updated May 21, 2005

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM

My family and I will be overnighting in Innsbruck on October 11 this year. I will certainly be using the time to walk around the Old Town to see all of these lovely buildings.

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Thanks for the tips Michael. I'm going to Innsbruck and Igls in June and July 2012 so was really interested to read what you had to say about some of the places I had heard about. You've also introduced me to a few more places to see in the city that I had never heard of before, so thanks again.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I had never thought Innsbruck has *that* much to offer. Very well done page. These Wolpertingers are cute, but certainly a bit on the expensive side ... :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Thanks for your wonderful description, Michael.... very impressive indeed....

• abc37's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 6:03 AM

einen Wolpertinger hätte ich auch gerne !

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Nice tips for our 2 day visit to this glorious city.Thanks very much ! Wow and you are the top ranked VT member!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 11:56 PM

I have only spent one day in Innsbruck and have seen far from all these places. Have to go back one day.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Wenn Du das Alte Landhaus innen sehen willst schau ob die Tiroler Fahne gehisst ist. Landtagssitzungen sind öffentlich. Du verstehst sicher nicht, was sie reden, aber bist im prachtvollen Sitzungssaal nur durch ein rotes(!) Seil von der Sitzung getrennt

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 2:00 PM

No need to create a new Innsbruck page for me...You have already everything here!:-)Limmerick Bill's Irish Pub is my favourit one in Ibk!:-)))

• morgenhund's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Hi Michael! ich fahre in zwei Wochen auf dem Heimweg aus Bozen über Innsbruck und freue mich schon darauf! lg Michael

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Innsbruck

Have you been to Innsbruck?