"Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl" Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg by globetrott

Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,577 reviews and 5,913 photos

Salzburg is well known for beeing the birthplace of Mozart and for it's castle - " Hohenfeste Salzburg " - and its Mirabell-Garden here in the foreground of the picture

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Millions of tourists come to Salzburg every year just to see, where he was born and where he used to compose and perform his music...

...and he is also responsible for plenty of calories gained by the famous "Mozart-kugeln" - a small praliné filled with different tastes of nougat and pistacio-creme

But Salzburg is of course much more...

...The "Pferdeschwemme" used to be a place to wash horses

• Intro Updated May 17, 2003

• vasilyec's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Totally agree with you: we tried different kinds of Mozartkugel, and those blue ones from Furst are the best. We have brought quite a few boxes home for our friends and family - everyone loved them!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 5:59 AM

Had to re-visit your page after my trip. Leider kann man die Kollegienkirche nicht mehr vom Mozarthaus sehen - da ist jetzt eine blödsinnige Multimedia Installation in ebendiesen Räumen drin. :(

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 7:39 AM

Really interesting information on Salzburg. I'll be sure to visit some of your recommendations when I go there next month.

• Nov 19, 2006 at 9:24 AM

some great tips for my next time in Salzburg, can you recommend a cheap hotel in the city ?

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 11:25 PM

Nice and big page! The view from the castle is great! But what about beer in Salzburg?;) Was nice to see your page again. Next time I shall visit Hellbrunn, too. I like sweets but was a bit disappointed by Mozarts Balls.

• mcb's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 3:09 PM

I just loved Salzburg on my interail trip in 1992...thanks to make me remember.

• wonga0's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 11:54 PM

Michael, always loads and loads of information in your travel pages!! I saw you in acemj's Salzburg page. You both had a great time! Thanks!!

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 3:12 AM

Brilliant page! Wonderful piccies and great tips that will certainly be used when I am in Salzburg next week! Ali xx

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2004 at 12:29 AM

Very good Salzburg page .. I really enjoyed all the things .. Mirabell Garden, HochenSalzburg, Residenz, The Cathedral .. and everything. Keep up the good work! Cheers from Romania!

• Jeca011's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2004 at 8:54 AM

Great page. I must visit Salzburg in my next trip to Austria. :)

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Salzburg

Have you been to Salzburg?

Photos in Salzburg