"My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !" Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna by globetrott

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,642 reviews and 19,382 photos

Vienna is my birthplace and I spent 14 years here attending a boarding school, later the hotel managment school ...

Vienna is a MUST - so many things to see - and so I made this page with a big variety of things that might be interesting for a tourist

Don't miss my travelogue " What a Loo " - about a place, where you may powder your nose in the apropriate way, you will expect in the world's centre of classical music ;-))

Stephansdom - St.Stephens Cathedral

Royal Carriages of the Austrian Emperors are shown in Schloss Schoenbrunn

• Pros:lots of them
  • Cons:I almost cannot think of any :-))
  • In a nutshell:also globetrotts need a place where they feel at home !!
  • Last visit to Vienna: Dec 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2014

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Love your off the beaten path tips. Have heard of and been to some of them, but certainly never come across Kugelmugel before. Cheers, Irene

• globetrott's Profile Photo
      Jun 5, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Hi Irene, lots of People here have never heared about or cared about Kuglmugl, BUT I remember the time when I was a child and saw the Kuglmugl-stamps as very rare austrian stamps in a stamp-catalogue.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Hello globetrott, I printed out your tips for Vienna read them on the plane over to visit and found them very useful thanks for taking the time to post them and i love the Loo

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Kaiserschmarren looks good even for dinner...damn Michael don't make it sound so tasty!!! '-) Karl

• yvgr's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Ok, thanks for the info., sad to hear its gone.

• Oct 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Good writen tips, will be visiting vienna nest week.

• Natalya2006's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

A very fun tip! :-) I'll be in Vienna 17.02-24.02.2011 and have tickets to the State Opera 19.02 and, of course, will explore the lady's room :-)

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I just went to Vienna recently and loved it! Excellent very informative page.

• dustmon's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2010 at 5:35 AM

This is the kind of review I love---something I had never heard of (palatschinken) but will definitely look for this coming june---Thanx! dusty

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM

What have you updated?

• Nov 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM

You have a wonderful city.I hope to visit it one day and congratulation this nice informative page.

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Vienna