"What a great place to visit !" Top 5 Page for this destination Belém by globetrott

Belém Travel Guide: 263 reviews and 1,023 photos

Belem is the most beautiful part of the city of Lisbon, the area where most of the cruiseships will dock

And there is a lot to see and do...

• Last visit to Belém: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2008

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Excellent page on Belem Michael. Jeronimos was indeed an amazing monastery. Great to see you again also.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Michael, I have now been to Belem twice, although only for daytrips, but I haven't seen as much as you have. However, I also visited some places, which you don't mention here, e.g. the football stadium of C.F. Os Belenenses.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I was there too but didn't see some of those interesting places....thanks for the great tips !

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Precise, focusing, well-described, great, great, great, GREAT!! Hugs

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Thanks for the tips! Great pics and info to help me to explore Belem during my next Lisboa stay. Can't wait to be there. See you.

• ozalp's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 12:33 AM

The cloisters of the monastery seem great. I started to think about renting Akbil, thanks for the idea. ;-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

That's a great collection of carriages in the Museu National dos Coches! (Mozart spent one third of his life travelling around in carriages like that, but they were mostly not so ornate.)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 6:49 AM

Belém looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing Michael. But I guess I have to blame you now that my travel wish list has gotten longer... again! lol :-)) You have made me eager to visit Belém one day! :-))

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Great page! As always:-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 5:31 PM

My wife and I really enjoyed our time in Belém too, but we completley missed the spectacular Mosteiro dos Jeronimos!! That is a very impressive piece of 'battleship skin' in the Maritime Museum too!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Belém