"a great excursion from Lisbon" Top 5 Page for this destination Évora by globetrott

Évora Travel Guide: 394 reviews and 1,380 photos

Evora is a great daytrip from Lisbon and you might be interested to go into the spooky "bone-church"

• Last visit to Évora: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 7, 2009

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Thanks for the tour of this city. All the churches look worth visiting, I liked all that you described!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I had heard about the Capella dos ossos, great to read your pages about it. I have to say the pictures of the churches as so lovely, with the tiling. Well done:)

• shiran_d's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I have travelled to this beautiful WHS city

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I have heard of this church - great to see it here.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Great page about Évora.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Michael, excellent page about Evora, which I haven't visited. I was already back home when this post meeting tour took place. We did all our explorations of Portugal before the meeting.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Evora worth a visit for certain it's very good you found time for excursion there. Wonderful architecture. Amazing Stonehenge in Cromeleque dos Almendres.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I am sorry I was not among you guys... More luck next time.....

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It looks like you had beautiful weather while in Évora! I loved your tips on the Cromeleque Almendres as well as your views and adventures atop the cathedral! My wife and I also enjoyed our time in Évora a few years ago.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM

chapel of bones is really very impressive for the visit. the town is nice place for VT meeting

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Évora