Liguria Warnings Or Dangers Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Liguria Warnings and Dangers: 5 reviews and 5 photos
Portofino - no fences
At the end of the boulevard in Portofino the sidewalk gets rather narrow and still you see a nice restaurant garden with tables directely at the sea.
Be Carefull : NO barrier or fence !!
I was there in the low season and everything was fine, but I may imagine, when hundreds of people intend to explore the boulevard that is getting rather narrow at the end and they have to turn around and walk back the same way as people walking the other directions...
The gate closes, when the bell is ringing
There is a funny sign at the entrance-gate of Roseto Villa Grimaldi in Nervi (an eastern suburb of Genua / Genova )telling you that the Rosary will open its gate every day at 08.00 a.m. and the gates will be locked in the afternoon, when the bell is ringing.
And I guess, then everybody has to run, run, run, in order to be in time - and the rosary is quite big.
The rosary may be visited free of charge and is also a great place to watch the squirrels.
my carpark for 3 days in Liguria
Of course it matters a lot where you park your car.
I parked my car here in the mainstreet of Lavagna, cose to the train-station and next to a petrol-station that was open all day and night.
I also have seperate locks INside all of the doors and may enter through 1 door only, that has a seperate lock with a saftely-key os the type that is used for houses.
I was always lucky - maybe only due to the fact my car looks too poor to be of any interest for the local gangs...
I am sure the times have changed to the better in the area of Liguria as there are a lot of easier ways to steal something...
I still remember to have seen a person in 1985 walking at lunchtime through Genova with a big ring with maybe 50 different keys and around lunchtime he was walking along the street trying to get into some of the cars parked close to the train-station.
NObody cared about him, not even the policemen walking on the trottoir, while the thief was trying to open the car from the other side.
It was 18 years ago and things have obviously changed a lot to the better !!
Simply be careful anyway !! Lock your car and do not "show what you got" inside the car...
More Reviews (57)
- See All Monterosso al mare > fortifications...
- See All Another great restaurant in Boccadasse /...
- See All Manarola in Cinque terre
- See All The Ligurian Cross
- See All Paragliding in Monterosso al mare
globetrott's Related Pages
Liguria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LIGURIA - my favorite area in Italy !!"
- "Cinque Terre"
- "Le Cinque Terre"
- "Hiking the Cinque Terre"
- "Liguria Coastline"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liguria
- Hotels in Liguria
- Transportation in Liguria
- Nightlife in Liguria
- Restaurants in Liguria
- Shopping in Liguria
- Warnings and Dangers in Liguria
- See All...
Explore the World
- Prien am Chiemsee
- Grand Haven
- Sligo Hotels
- Zelenograd Hotels
- Hurricane Deck Hotels
- Jhansi Hotels
- Virgin Gorda Warnings and Dangers
- Kazan' Warnings and Dangers
- Atlanta Warnings and Dangers
- Toulouse Warnings and Dangers
- Kingston Warnings and Dangers
- Mal País Warnings and Dangers
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Warnings and Dangers
- Cairns Warnings and Dangers
- Switzerland Warnings and Dangers
- Maastricht Warnings and Dangers
- Aberdeen Warnings and Dangers
- Drug Sellers
Badges & Stats in Liguria
- 145 Reviews
- 305 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (207)
Have you been to Liguria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liguria
- Posted in Travel Hallstatt Forum "Re: Bad weather?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GENOVA - Roman Polanski's Pirate-ship"
- Commented on one of tini58de's Liguria travel pages
- updated a Liguria Travel Page "LIGURIA - my favorite area in Italy !!"
- Wrote a Review Parking a car became a lot safer recently in Liguria Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (342)
Top Liguria hotels
- La Spezia Hotels
- 120 Reviews - 250 Photos
- Santa Margherita Ligure Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Monterosso al Mare Hotels
- 184 Reviews - 622 Photos
- Riomaggiore Hotels
- 286 Reviews - 921 Photos
- Genoa Hotels
- 728 Reviews - 1882 Photos
- Vernazza Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 809 Photos
- Portofino Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 450 Photos
- Manarola Hotels
- 185 Reviews - 518 Photos
- Sestri Levante Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 95 Photos
- Portovenere Hotels
- 144 Reviews - 360 Photos
- Levanto Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Camogli Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 97 Photos
- San Remo Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Bordighera Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Lerici Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 29 Photos