"3 days in Trondheim" Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim by globetrott
Trondheim Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 1,036 photos
I spent 3 great days in Trondheim and can say it is really one of the most beautiful cities of Norway !
I had car-problems in Trondheim and had to phone to Austria in order to inform my insurance about it !
A public telephone-office does not exist there anymore, not even at the postoffice and the phone-boxes in the streets are no good, when you have to write down things on a paper out in the rain with all the noises in the streets...
In Austria and the rest of Europe you can simply go to a big hotel and make these telephone-calls and pay for them afterwards at the reception.
I tried this in 3 hotels:
The first was quite small and could not do it,
the 2nd that I tried was the large THON-Hotel in the centre and the lady there at the reception said first, that is OK, but the other lady next to her insisted that I could make telephonecalls from any room BUT when I am not living there, I also cannot make a phonecall from the reception
Same situation in the CHESTERFIELD-hotel that is in the same house-block :
There was only a young lady at the reception and she said "Not possible, when you dont stay in this hotel"
Not everybody in Trondheim is unflexible, because I finally found a nice person working in a NARVESEN-shop, he gave me his private cellphone and even did not take any money for that great service.
I spent a long time there talking with him while I was waiting for several calls that came from my insurance in Vienna, from my travelagency etc. who had to book my flights back to Austria and to change my booking for the Hurtigrute-ship, that will start sailing from Bergen on Sunday 13th to Kirkenes and back to Bergen.
IMHO this is the most stupid way to collect money from foreign cardrivers, stupid for them and stupid for us: The... more travel advice
TMV = Trondhjems Mechaniske Verksted is a wide area of former docks and ships-wharfs that was recently transferred into... more travel advice
globetrott's Related Pages
Trondheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Trondheim"
- "Norway's First Capital, Trondhjem"
- "The anciest Norway's Capital"
- "Trondheim - Under construction"
- "Trondheim - A visit on historical ground"
- "The city where I studied"
- "Nidaros - Historical capital of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trondheim
- Hotels in Trondheim
- Transportation in Trondheim
- Nightlife in Trondheim
- Restaurants in Trondheim
- Shopping in Trondheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Trondheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trondheim
- 32 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (293)
Have you been to Trondheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trondheim
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: From St. Petersburg city..."
- updated a Trondheim Travel Page "3 days in Trondheim"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go to HELL with that STUPID car-Toll-system !!!"
- Wrote a Review Go to HELL with that STUPID car-Toll-system !!! about Expensive/taxes in Trondheim Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of globetrott's Trondheim travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues