Egeskov Things to Do Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Egeskov Things to Do: 32 reviews and 70 photos
You will find an excellent collection of Vintage-cars in Egeskov castle, I have posted the 5 best of my photos here and there are a lot more photos of this wonderfull car-collection in my travelogues !
You can see this museum as one of the many museums of Egeskov Slot, included in the all-inclusive-entrance-fee at the main gate.
In this collection are around 50 fully restored cars from the end of the 19th century untill the 1980s, there are eight aeroplanes and a helicopter as well.
The oldest car of the collection is from 1899 and it is a steam-driven vehicle.
Directions: To be honest, this car-collection made me visit Egeskov again and again, when-ever I came in that area.
The palace of Titania - a very special dollhouse
Look at this very special dollhouse: Titania's Palace is a dollhouse that a british Officer named Sir Neville Wilkinson had built for his daughter, who wanted to have a "real palace" for Titania, the queen of the elfs. It took him 15 years to build this palace that consists now of 3000 parts and there is even a chapel with a fully functional organ inside of it.
Directions: Titania's Palace is inside the watercastle of Egeskov, so you need to pay the extra-ticket in order to see it !
Dont miss to take a look also inside the great palace of Egeskov: a part of the Slot is still inhabited but a large part is also open for visitors and furnished with old furniture of the 18th,19th and early 20th century.
I think it was really worth the extra entrancefee of about 50 DKR (= ca. 7 Euros) that I had to pay for seeing the castle-interior as well.
Directions: This museum is inside the watercastle of Egeskov.
When you take a closer look at early automobiles, you will see a lot of similarities between horse-carriages and the early cars.
You will find the Egeskov-Museum of Horse-drawn Vehicles next to the Museum of Agriculture inside a large straw-thatched, half-timbered house, by the lake and between the castle and the car-museum.
My favorite exhibit here was the ambulance-carriage in my last picture !
In the Museum of Agriculture you will see a wide collection of all sorts of machineries used on a farm and there is also a collection of blue enamelled kitchen utensils (in my 1st photo) , and all of this is housed inside a lovely halftimbered house, straw-thatched and built next to the castle-lake, you will see ducks and swans there as well
Falck is a private company that is in charge of firefighting, ambulances etc. in Danmark for more than 100 years now and in Egeskov you will find a great collection of their firefighting-cars and other automobiles and a lot of background-infos.
Every year in August there will be a "Falck-Day" in Egeskov, with the possibility to see these vehicles in action - just check out the dates in the weblink below !
This is the collection of Vintage bikes and Motorbikes that you will see in Egeskov castle, I put the 5 most interesting here in my extra-photos and a lot more into my travelogues.
The rarest exhibit in this part of the museum is the only example in the world of the Danish Kyhl marque which dates from 1905.
In case that you come to Egeskov in August :
There will be an annual event with about 200 vintage-motorbikes in Egeskov - check for the date in the link below !
More Reviews (19)
- See All Valdemar's Slot in Svendborg is 15km...
- See All by car to Egeskov
- a great selfservice- restaurant
globetrott's Related Pages
Egeskov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Egeskov - more than a fairy-tale-castle"
- "A world on it's own! Egeskov !!!"
- "Masters and motorbikes"
- "Egeskov Castle and Family Park"
- "Egeskov castle in Kvaerndrup"
- "Egeskov Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egeskov
- Hotels in Egeskov
- Transportation in Egeskov
- Restaurants in Egeskov
- Warnings and Dangers in Egeskov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egeskov
- 26 Reviews
- 232 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (503)
Have you been to Egeskov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egeskov
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you know the next number ?"
- updated a Egeskov Travel Page "Egeskov - more than a fairy-tale-castle"
- Commented on one of globetrott's Egeskov travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Titania's palace"
- Wrote a Review Valdemar's Slot in Svendborg is 15km from Egeskov in Egeskov Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues