Egeskov Favorite Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Egeskov Favorites: 4 reviews and 16 photos
Favorite thing: There is a great collcetion of cars, airplanes, agricultural machines and of vehicles used by the Falck-company, ( who is in charge of Firefighting and emergency rescue in Denmark).
Many of the cars that you will see in the museum were once used by the family and instead of selling them, they put them into the museum.
Once that you have payed the entrancefee once a year, you can register your name INside the park and I think that also a photo will be taken and then you might come back to Egeskov as often as you want to within the same year and enjoy all seasons of the great park without paying an extra entrance-fee !
Thats a really great idea, unfortunately I was there only for a single day and on a tight schedule, otherwise I could have stayed there another day, it is really enough to see and explore for more than just a single day !
Favorite thing: The castle of Egeskov is still inhabited by the family of Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurig-Bille and is in posession of his family for more than 200 years now.
Fondest memory: The park is open to the public. For the Park, mazes, museums you have to pay an entrance fee of 150,- DKR and when you would also like to see the great interior of the castle, including great furniture, an interesting collection of hunting-trophees and Titania's Palace, you have to pay another 45 DKR extra.
Favorite thing: This is the famous water-castle of Egeskov - but when I searched for it on my map, I was first shown a small village, on the mainland close to the bridge going to the Island of Fünen at Fredericia/Kolding.
so you better look for for this one on your map!
Fondest memory: But for this castle you have to take the road nr.9 from Odense to Svendborg and change to road Nr.8 at Kvaerndrup and go westwards and there you will see plenty of signs for the castle
Favorite thing: Egeskov is open daily from April 30th. to October 2nd 2011.
April 30th-May 31th 10am - 5pm
June 10am - 6pm Castle 10am - 5pm
July 1st - August 14th 10am - 7pm
August 15th - August 31st 10am - 6pm Castle 10am - 5pm
Sept. 1st - Oct. 2nd. 10am - 5pm
Ticket sales close one hour before the above closing times.
It takes about 4 hours to see the 40 acres of park, the 9 museums and the castle.
*) Every Wednesday, from July 13th to-August 10th, Egeskov is open until 11pm with a wide range of exciting activities.
Pricelist (in DKK) for 2011
Adults: Park, mazes, museums 150 Dkk/21 Euro
for children : 80 Dkk/11 Euro Children under 4 years: Free admission.
Fondest memory: Egeskov Castle
Egeskov Gade 18
Telephone: +45 62 27 10 16
More Reviews (22)
- See All Valdemar's Slot in Svendborg is 15km...
- See All by car to Egeskov
- a great selfservice- restaurant
globetrott's Related Pages
Egeskov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Egeskov - more than a fairy-tale-castle"
- "A world on it's own! Egeskov !!!"
- "Masters and motorbikes"
- "Egeskov Castle and Family Park"
- "Egeskov castle in Kvaerndrup"
- "Egeskov Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egeskov
- Hotels in Egeskov
- Transportation in Egeskov
- Restaurants in Egeskov
- Warnings and Dangers in Egeskov
- See All...
Explore the World
- Duck Key Hotels
- Saint Peter Port
- Vishakhapatnam Hotels
- Edisto Island
- Fort Yargo State Park Hotels
- Kunming Hotels
Badges & Stats in Egeskov
- 26 Reviews
- 232 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (207)
Have you been to Egeskov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egeskov
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues